IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, April 16, 2009

YOUR WELCOME ERIE!

My first full day in Erie and the sun in shining and the sky is blue.  I brought this with me from LA-YOU ARE VERY WELCOME, ERIE!  The only thing is that I find it pretty cool here with the breeze blowing all day long.  My two young'uns were in the back yard today with shorts and short sleeves soaking in the rays.  I find it REALLY too cold for that kind of activity, but my Southern blood is probably much thinner than theirs.  It also is pretty wet and gushy here.  Camille says the snow melt and Spring rains led to muddy roads and yards this time of the year.

We have spent the day running errands and it is the middle of the afternoon and Camille has gone for a rest.  I guess carrying around another person on your belly can get tiring!  We still have not had those mani's and pedi's, so that is on the list for tomorrow.  As niece, Ann, said, "You need to make a good impression in the delivery room."  I SERIOUSLY doubt that Camille will care if her toes and nails are painted by the time that Mr. Henry arrives. 

Our dilemma is when BC should come.  As friend, Barbara, told me, we humans so WANT to be in control, but you loose that control when it comes to birth and death.  HOW TRUE!  Since he will have a limited amount of time here, gauging the time to arrive is tricky.  He wants as much time with Henry as possible, but trying to be here for his birth makes that tricky.  We don't want him leaving and no Henry on the ground.  SO we are talking through the problem.

Camille seems to feel fine and although there are signs of Henry coming, no pains yet.  I think she is ready and willing, but Henry seems to like his home.  Camille's body will probably have to kick him out or he would stay forever.  As we were riding down the road, he got the hiccups today-TOO FUNNY!  Cannot wait to see those up close and personal.  Off to cook Chicken Creole for supper.  Maybe a little spicy food will get her going! 

1 comment:

adrian seney said...

I KNOW Ann will be so excited she was quoted...just what she needs-a little attention!

Saw Shae today. She is so anxious to know about Camille and Henry...she said she COULD not believe "little" Camille was about to have a baby!!