IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, April 18, 2009

BABY UPDATE

NO BABY

Camille has announced she plans to take her packed bag with her Monday afternoon to her doctor's appointment. She plans to tell them I am not leaving until I have a baby. You can check me in at the hospital next door or we can just stay here! As a side note to Nurse Friend, she has tried all of your suggestions except the herbal one. She was not very comfortable with the placement of that one. She said, "I do not want aggravate anything."

The weather is absolutely beautiful up here. Just a touch of cool that I am beginning to grow accustomed to, but plenty of blue skies and sunshine. This would be a nice place to summer, say from mid April until maybe the end of September. I would want to be out of here before the snows begin though. In typical Southern fashion, I talked with another runner this AM and a landscape guy. I am sure they do not know quite what to think. It seems they think I have an accent.

We went to the Polish meat market yesterday and bought sweet Italian bulk sausage to put in a pasta dish. IT WAS WONDERFUL! I haven't been in a meat market like that in YEARS! Quite an experience and definitely a blast from the past. The butcher and I had a great discussion about Cajun sausage, polish sausage, and Italian sausage. The basic difference was the seasonings. He told me of his friend that was in Louisiana incarcerated and ate LOTS of Louisiana sausage and loved it. His friend wanted him to make him some, but he wasn't sure of how to do it. If anyone knows how you make boudain, please let me know so I can pass along the recipe.

The Nursery is finished with the cornice boards in place. Thanks to Jim and Helen for their labors in getting these ready. All we need is a Baby Now.

OH HENRY! Come out -come out-where ever you are!

5 comments:

Olson Family said...

These little baby boys just have a mind of their own, don't they??? If only they would just cooperate with their mommies...

Jack, Jacob, and Henry are kindred spirits!

Anonymous said...

http://www.gumbopages.com/food/boudin.html

haven't tried this particular recipe but like some of his other dishes.

Anonymous said...

Is Camille past her due date? My great grandmother used to say that it's girls who always go past their due date--they have to stop to powder their nose before making an appearance. If she's past her due date, are we sure it's a boy?

Hannah Lee said...

Good plan, Camille! I know that feeling. So glad she has her Momma there! I know you are having a blast and gearing yourself up for a sweet bay-bay.

Ann Miller said...

i like the way camille thinks! at this point, she may be bigger than her doctor...hopefully, he knows you really shouldn't mess w/a big, pregnant woman!! good luck! we are all glued to our computers!!