IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, April 5, 2009

EARLY MORNING-LATE NIGHT MUSINGS

It seems that one of the curses of old age is late night sleeplessnesss. I usually consider these middle of the night awakenings God's nudge to pray. Tonight at 2 when I was wide awake, I began going down my list and praying. By 3, I have completed the list and I am still wide awake. About that time bc, has his middle of the night awakening, so we get up and watch a movie. He is back asleep on the couch and I am blogging. I am not the only one my age to suffer through these periods-it seems to run rampant from 50 on. If it were only daylight, I could be out working in the yard!

I leave you with these pictures taken out in the yard of a couple of my favorite flowers.

This is a Native Azalea-Looks a lot like a honeysuckle bloom.
Pappaw Conville brought this to me quite a few years ago. More like a tree, it is now about 6 ft.
He found it growing in the wild, thus "Native Azalea".
Louisiana Iris


These plant has about 8-10 blooms on it today.






3 comments:

Ann Miller said...

steve dug up some beautiful purple and gold iris from the lake last weekend. he is putting them in our sugar kettle. i can't wait to see!! missed y'all. hope all is well! get some rest...

Gabe said...

headlamp...

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Sounds like you need to take some purple stuff, lady.