IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, April 9, 2009

DON'T RUSH HENRY J.!

I always chuckle when everyone comes up with their own home remedy to make labor start. The things we will put yourself through to get that baby on the ground! Last night at small group, Resident OB/Surgical nurse and super friend, Sonja gave me 3 things to help Camille "Get Something Going". SORRY Camille, but I will not be sharing those until it is closer to my arrival time. For PURELY selfish reasons, I want to be there to see Mr. Henry J. make his appearance. So FOR NOW, you just stay on the couch, put your feet up, take no strange substances, and do nothing physically weird. "D Day" is coming-have no fear-YOU ARE NOT TERMINALLY PREGNANT!

I have been thinking about past Easters-all the way back as far as I can remember. One thing that sticks out about Easter Egg Hunts while a little girl was the "Prize Egg". It was sometimes "Gold" and sometimes "Royal Purple". This was LONG before plastic eggs that they hunt with today. We always decorated hard boiled eggs with dyes that were mixed with vinegar and stickers that you applied like a rub on tattoo. For some reason, invariably there would be a raw egg or one not cooked enough that would get cracked-YUCK! I also remember an occasional boiled egg getting stuck down in the grass deep in the basket. You ALWAYS found it when the lovely aroma started drifting from the closet where it was stored. Another ritual of Easter were the hats that I wore with my new Easter Frock. My Easter basket was always filled with treats on Easter morning. Shock-I don't remember anyone ever being concerned with "Sugar Overload". If you got hyper from too much sugar, Momma had a tried and true remedy. It only took one of her looks, to snap us back into line!

HAPPY EASTER & HERE'S TO FINDING THE PRIZE EGG!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the little tubes of egg coloring? Red, blue, yellow, and green. There was ALWAYS some left over, so I decided to squirt some in my little brother's bath water. He was green!

Chrome Cowgirl

jackie said...

I have been thinking about how things were when the kids were little also. The number of times we hid Easter eggs over and over and over. It never got old to them! And always the new Easter dress and shoes! What fun we had!