IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, April 26, 2009

THE SUN IS SHINING IN ERIE!

Henry had his first dinner on the patio last night.  I grilled and served supper outside with Henry watching from his carrier.  I think Mom enjoyed getting out of the house for the first time.  I am working on getting the back neat and pretty so they can spend plenty of time there this summer.  

Things are beginning to settle down at The Jennings Abode.  I don't think Camille got much sleep last night with Mr. Henry deciding he is hungry every two hours.  Question to all you young Mothers-----what is your secret to keeping baby's business inside their diaper?  We are doing a mountain of laundry since Henry seems to "Go" on everything in sight.  I am sure there has to be some solution to this.

Momma Lulu went to bed early and did not get up during the night.  I am a very light sleeper, so I hear them, but have instructed Camille to call me if she needs me.  Does not seem much point in all of us not getting enough sleep.  

I have about a half a dozen projects going inside the house, in the front, and in the back yard.  Depending upon what Camille needs-I work on a project.  At the moment she is sunning in the back yard, so I am on "Henry Watch" in the den.  IT'S A TOUGH JOB BUT SOMEONE HAS TO DO IT!

5 comments:

The Tylers said...

I just learned to deal with the messy outfits. J and L both got changed a lot in the beginning weeks of life. Not sure there is any way to avoid the messiness!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lora sounds like you got it under controll. He is beautiful. would love to hold him myself- I do babies pretty well. Right now I am looking at the weather for tonight-to get in the hall or not. I think I lost the measure for his seat. Please do it again. What is Their address? Kiss his feet for me. HB

Deb said...

Poor Lora, I know you hate that duty....I know you are love seeing the sun for a change! It does come out once in a while in PA. Miss you!

Ann Miller said...

another something no one told me and steve acted like he never knew...when you put his diaper on, you have to "tuck" it down; i was putting on the diaper w/it up...maybe that's the problem; i thought it was the diapers...in my case, operator error!!

marylou said...

I think it you figure out the diaper problem you will strike it rich! Unfortunately Tristyn STILL senses when she is wearing a new cute outfit and promptly decides to have an explosive diaper. They JUST KNOW!!