IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, April 3, 2009

BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!

I have hit the road again this week after my 6 weeks of "Rest". I must admit I enjoyed not getting up in the dark during this period. I am not a "Late Sleeper", but sleeping until 7 AM is a wonderful luxury in my book. The doctor has not given me the official "Go-Ahead", but since he SAID 6 weeks-I took him at his word. Monday is my final visit and release-so I can officially get back to my exercise obsession.

Monday's run was pathetic, but I made 4.5 miles at a SLOW pace that got slower with every mile. (The wonderful thing about these Garmin GPSes we wear is you know the truth-the whole truth-the brutal truth). I didn't have to stop and walk and just kept on plodding along-so I guess that counts for something.

Wednesday's we run a really hard and hilly five mile run. Again I made the entire run without stopping, but I was disgusted with my time. I have actually walked faster than those average 13 minute miles before!

Today we ran Wednesday's run again since Babs is working the polls tomorrow and my schedule is up in the air. I am SO HAPPY to say that I cut 7 minutes off of my total time and ran 11 1/2 minute miles today. It finally dawned on me that I would need to actually push myself and even huff and puff if my time was going to get better. Hopefully I am on the right track!

I laughed and told the Buds, Wednesday, that the good news was that what hurt Monday did not hurt Wednesday. The bad news was there was a whole new group of hurts Wednesday. No pain today-just sucking eggs trying to get enough air.

______________________________________________________________________

I have 2 more small things to do to complete all of the family income tax returns that I do every year. Our return is finished and filed-so HENRY J- I'M READY WHEN YOU ARE! The blog contest for his arrival time is over as of last night, so when His Royal Hiney arrives, we will know the answer. I have all the entries on an Excel Spread Sheet-so it will be a snap to find the winner. (Only SLIGHTLY OCD!)

I am in the yard today-cleaning up yesterday's storm mess. I will love every minute of being in the sunshine and warm air. Don't you just LOVE Spring????

3 comments:

Jessica Stephenson said...

Anything you run is impressive to me! I don't have the time or energy to get past 2 miles...I'll keep trying

jackie said...

You are amazing! After six weeks I think you are doing great! Yes I do love Spring. The rebirth of everything is absolutely amazing!! Have a great week-end and can't wait to see pics of the newest grand!

Hannah Lee said...

Nothing like the beautiful buds and springy air to get you in the mood of running...then again not me just you. :) You are amazing.