IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, April 15, 2009

ERIE SIGNS!

We have signs-oh, yes-definite signs!   Henry J. knows that Momma Lulu is in town and is beginning the process of making his "Royal Appearance"!  Get the trumpets ready!  While we have some signs, I am not sure that we are on any timetable.  The question is-WHEN DOES POPPA BOB HEAD THIS WAY?????  I have promised to call him night or day, but as you all know it is not easy get to Erie.  I am watching and waiting and gauging when -just what day he should come!

Did a different route today getting to Erie.  Drove to Jackson (2 1/2 hrs) and caught plane which meant getting up at 4:15 (GROAN!).  Caught a SW flight that is a direct flight with one stop.  After the "Airport Olympics" that we have endured in the past to get here, this is a "Walk in the Park."  The kicker is that I then rented a car and drove the 90 miles from Buffalo to Erie-GROAN!  

My observations about the drive:  there is mile upon mile of vineyards in Western NY and Eastern PA.  A beautiful and scenic drive of rural country, I loveD seeing the area.  It reminds me a lot of the country around Waco, TX.  Low trees, but rural-the difference being that everything "Up North" is still not green-like at home.  Another observation-you have to pay a toll on the interstate in NY state to the PA state line-about 60+ miles of $3.  This interstate is a HORRIBLE road!  When you get to PA, the interstate is free and a MUCh better road!
SPLAIN THAT TO ME, LUCY!

At any rate, DELIGHTED TO BE HERE and looking forward to Henry J.'s arrival.  "COME ON DOWN HENRY-THE PRICE IS RIGHT!"

6 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

What signs what signs???? I am on the edge of my seat! Tell her to go jogging...better yet yall head out together! It does the trick! Keep us posted! I am getting SOOOO EXCITED FOR YALL....YAY!

Ann Miller said...

excitement!!! oh, to hold a tiny baby and nap w/that little lovey!! i am so happy for y'all!!

Deb said...

Hopefully you really were not in Eastern PA....seriously tho, you took I-90 right...through Hamburg? Could you see Lake Erie? I have never driven that route. There are a lot of vineyards up by the lake. Mogan David is what I remember as a kid, but I know there are others.

Henry is getting ready for his big entrance...don't worry...he will be right on time.

Melanie said...

I am so glad you will be there. What a wonderful time! Treasure it and keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there safe and sound!

I miss you already, but I'm SO GLAD you can be there for your precious Camille and sweet Henry.

Luh ya!

Goosie

freakface said...

Lora, 1) it's northwest pa, but that's ok, we knew what you meant.

2) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO HENRY! NOT TODAY TOMORROW! TOMORROW! TOMORROW! PLEASE TOMORROW!