IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, April 22, 2009

GRANDMAMA THE THIRD TIME!

Long day-sitting with Momma and Henry J- BUT YOU KNOW SOMEONE HAD TO DO IT! Henry has changed a lot in just 24 hours. We laughed and said that his features had been squished up so long since he is such a "BIG BOY" that they FINALLY have a chance to spread out. He is a good baby and is learning to nurse and the facts of being in our "Big World". I am TOTALLY AMAZED at how Camille and ESPECIALLY Adam have gotten "On Board" to being parents. They seem to be "Naturals"! Adam is the best "Swaddler" including nurses that I have ever seen. He is adapt at burping, changing Poopy diapers, aspirating noses, in essence EVERYTHING but nursing! What a great blessing for Camille and Henry J!

Camille's brother, # 1 called today and when he found out that Henry went to the nursery from midnight to 7, except for feedings, HE WENT INTO ORBIT! It seems that when #1 Grand was born, #1 and #1 DIL were left with their baby all night and not give the "Nursery Option" . After a full day of labor and THEN a section, an exhausted Mother and Daddy were left with an unhappy baby and NO TRAINING! He HAS STILL NOT FORGOTTEN THAT NIGHT AFTER 8 YEARS!! He told me to tell Camille that "That was not fair and he was going to tell Henry that he was abandoned right after birth!" I LOVE MY KIDS AND THEIR SENSES OF HUMOR! I was cracking up as he told me to relay all this info to her. I cannot WAIT to hear him tell her all of this in person.

The greatest blessing in my life are my children and grands! I SO LOVE THEM ALL!

MORE PICTURES TO COME-need to get the computer genius home from the hospital so I can figure his computer out!

8 comments:

The Tylers said...

Love the story! Hope Camille is recovering OK. I had 2 c-sections and the first was much tougher than the second. She will feel so much better this time next week. It just takes time! That sweet baby has the best parents in the world! Enjoy your time with them.

adrian seney said...

That is too funny!! If you want, you can tell Scott that we had the "nursery option" with both our girls!! Caleb was also a very good swaddler...he referred to the girls as burritos after he wrapped them up good. Give Henry J. kisses from his Louisiana cousins!!

Deb said...

Way to go Adam and Camille! I knew they would take to this like fish to water. When I had Josh they said babies were not allowed in the patients' rooms UNTIL they TOSSED him to me about 3 AM cuz he was keeping all the other babies awake.(there were like 19!!) I caught him like a football in the crook of my arm as the nurse yelled, HE IS KEEPING ALL THE OTHERS AWAKE!!!! I started talking to him and he went right to sleep! It was sweet....I bet he was mad cuz of the bright lights.

Ann Miller said...

glad things are going well!! thank goodness camille has had such a great teacher! love to all!

Anonymous said...

Adam and Camille are going to be the best little parents!!!!

Little Henry is so blessed to be their little boy-- and yours and BC's grandson.

Luh Ya!

Goosie

Anonymous said...

I didn't take the nurses up on the "nursery options" with my 1st baby but I learned my lesson for the 2nd and had wonderful sleep the 2 nights I was in the hospital! What a difference a little sleep makes to a new mother...

Brooke & Freeland said...

too funny!

You can come use my computer if you want! :) Or I can come show you how to use Adams! I guess its not too long now and they will both be home!!

Marylou said...

Yay! Glad for updates and hearing that everything is going well. We also chose "nursery option" after some wise counsel from my sis-in-law and SO GLAD that we did! Cause' there sure aren't any nurses to bring them to you when you get home :)