IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, April 28, 2009

WHO IS IN CHARGE!

Mr. Henry decided to show us all just WHO WAS IN CHARGE last night.  After his 9ish feeding he was not asleep, so Camille went to bed and I rocked.  It seems as if he was not sleepy!  After about an hour of trying to soothe, I had to get Camille back up and feed him some more.  He was still awake-----so I took over the rocking chore.   FINALLY at 11:45 I had jiggled him enough that he drifted off.  He woke up some time after 12 and ate AGAIN.  My personal thought is that if he is awake-he needs to be sucking on something.    SO   since no paci-----that means Mom has to get back up.     AND WHERE WAS DAD WHO MANDATED NO PACI  while all this was going on-----------Sleeping the sleep of the exhausted!!!!!  I think he might have felt bad about it this AM when his sleepy wife woke up not her usual cheerful self.  Camille did say she planned to ask the Ped about the paci today.    WHERE WAS THAT NIGHT OWL, POPPA BOB WHEN WE NEEDED HIM!

The "Little Family" has gone for the one week check to make sure Henry is getting enough food.  Not much doubt in my mind about that-I can literally see him filling out!  It only took all 3 of us working hard to get them out the door!  What a hoot that one little baby can cause such a stir!  Well off to the Mountain of Laundry the little man created!

1 comment:

Deb said...

You are so right! They turn the world upside down...I remember it well. This pattern sounds very familar to me. Eating every two hours...rapid weight gain....and treating Mom like a cow. Yes, it is all coming back to me. Josh refused the paci. Good luck.