IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, April 23, 2009

MET MY MATCH??????

REALLY interesting day today! I may have met my match or at a minimum my equal! # 1 SIL DARED to set me straight today! BC said his heart skipped a beat and his eyes bugged when Adam told me how things were going to be! NOT MANY ARE BRAVE ENOUGH TO GO THERE!

Henry was doing some fussing today, so ADAM had been putting the paci in to soothe him. I thought this was a good idea and had even encouraged it yesterday. When the lactation nurse came in, she told Camille to loose the paci for a while-until Henry got established nursing. He ate, she left and then he fussed! I DO NOT DO WELL hearing my sweet new baby grand fuss! After unsuccessful soothing attempts, I put the paci back in. Camille saw what I was doing and questioned, but did not stop me. When Adam came back from class and Camille told him what had happened (I believe I had stepped out of the room for a minute), he told me in a firm, but not harsh voice-"We will not be giving Henry the paci!" I sat there slightly startled! I am known to be "Strong willed" and "Bossy" by my family and am not called to task by any of them very often. Adam was letting me know that Henry was their son and we would be doing this their way. I LOVE IT! I actually got a good laugh about it after BC and I left! Scott is like me-we are VERY PA-and therefore don't confront you-just do things our way! If he ever questioned what I was doing when I stayed with them after #1 & #2 Grand arrived, I do not remember. Rather I think they just waited until I left and then did it their way. NOT ADAM- he told me to get along we needed to get it straight how things would be. I think it is wonderful that he is setting me straight, but I also told him that was fine-BUT when I could not soothe Henry-he was then the "Designated Soother"! He agreed and is quite good at doing that as well as everything else.

Tomorrow brings the "Homecoming Day". I believe Camille is a little apprehensive-since this is her first. I have told her it will be fine and I plan to stay two more weeks. I very well remember bringing home # 1 and having the same feeling. You are just stepping off into uncharted territory. They will be fine-but she will have to see that for herself.

Note to Running Buds-no running here. The weather has been YUCKY all week-cold-cloudy-windy. The sun FINALLY came out today-THANK GOODNESS! Hope to have time for at least a walk everyday while the sun shines. The weather here has been a lot like our winters at home!

BC & I have also suffered for the second time this Spring from Hay Fever with everything up here blooming like it did at home in March. NO FUN going through this two times in one Spring! Hope to post more pictures soon, in the meantime, if you have not already done so-go to Brooke's blog on my list of Bloggers.

12 comments:

jackie said...

What a wonderful relationship you have with Adam; that he felt like he could tell you how it was going to be. Give that precious baby a kiss for me!!

Anonymous said...

well i remember saying no to the noony when caleb was born - even though you thought it would be a good idea. we learned our lesson! needless to say, we shoved a noony in cade's mouth the first time he cried.

caroline and scott

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

LOL.....how funny.

With baby #3, I still couldn't believe the hospital allowed us to bring a human being home. As with all, I layed them on the bed and looked at them wondering what I was supposed to do next hahahah.

Gabe said...

Tell Adam I'm gonna get him an embroidered back brace for his birthday.
He's gonna' throw his back out carrying around those cojones...

Gabe said...

It's gonna' say "BOSS" on it.

Ann Miller said...

has anyone informed adam who you are??? doesn't he know??? remind him that insurance pays for orthodontia (sp?); i am sure they have a dr. grafton up in erie or wherever they land...taking the noony away is probably like taking crack from an addict, but it sure is worth it!!! can't wait to see more pics and i am so happy for y'all!!

Deb said...

Oh that we had a country full of Daddy's like Adam...those who are taking fatherhood very seriously!

Henry is almost the exact size Josh was...a nice little bundle you can grab onto. He won't get lost in the blankeys.....I know you are loving it.

Gabe, you crack me up!

Sorry about the allergies. What a pain!!

Brooke & Freeland said...

Gabe cracks me up!

I can upload more pictures on your blog for you if you want until you have a chance to get your camera set up! Just let me know!

Cam's going to do great at home! She has lots of fabulous support to help her! :)

Anonymous said...

Tell Adam, he must chill! lol just kidding. I have heard differnt things about the paci and I have thought it can HELP with the latching on b/c it develops their sucking reflex. But to each his own...I used them for my 2 kids and it always worked to comfort them.

Marylou said...

You definitely have to find what "works for you" whether its "Paci" or "no paci" or whatever...however I will say that those vows I took to a)never feed tristyn unless I knew she was hungry b) not let her paci become a prop or c) let her sleep with me just so she would be quiet all went out the door around 3am when she was squalling for the 4th time! :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I wish I could've been a fly on the wall and seen your face. Don't throw out the paci because Adam may change his mind after alot of fussing.

More pics! More pics!

Chrome Cowgirl

freakface said...

A WHAT? Girl, it's a BINKY. If you get the name straight, you will have better luck with Dr. Determined...especially if/when colic comes around or Junior starts mangling appendages with his pie hole.