IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, April 21, 2009

REFUSING TO LEAVE!

Mr. Henry J. has refused to vacate the premises!!!! After a night of trying to get things going, Camille and Adam got the news this AM that Henry was hanging tight to his current home.

SO Mr. Henry will be transferred-without choice-around noon today. Camille & Adam are in good spirits and at peace with the section to come. WE ARE JUST READY TO SEE MR. HENRY!

Note-Nurse Sonja-CCJ said all of her nurses have been great-THANKS FOR THAT PRAYER!

As a side note- WHAT IS UP WITH THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS IN DOWNTOWN ERIE ??????
You catch one and you catch them all! Someone needs to explain to "The Powers That Be" that those can be timed where if you are going the speed limit, once you catch one then you get a pass for the next several. BC and I left the hospital just before 8 AM, so trying to get to his company's office, downtown was a act of HIGH FRUSTRATION! I actually saw the veins pop out of the side of BC's neck when the driver's refused to let us and several other drivers merge in when we SUDDENLY came upon a closed MAIN street. NO WARNING before the turn-you get to it and in the intersection there is a "Street Closed" sign. I KNOW all you Northerners think we are slow and dimwitted-BUT we do post signs several blocks in advance and at regular intervals when we close a street-TO PREVENT TRAFFIC JAMS!

OK-enough venting---the weather is actually beautiful and sunny this AM, but I see on NWS more rain is coming? For my running buddies at home-it is quite cool-almost like our winter mornings.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAB was scheduled to come on the 19th and he arrived on the 21st just like Oh Henry will. DAB was 8.3 and has soared to 6'2" @ 145lbs.(in 14 yrs that have been way too fast!) Enjoy!

Chrome Cowgirl

Anonymous said...

Maybe this just means Henry is shy and doesn't want to live home yet. Camille's child shy? Nah.

Sounds like Mama LuLu is a tad on edge this morning from the looks of all the screaming capital letters! What? You can't deal with a little traffic when your daughter is about to give birth?

Give us all Henry's particulars as soon as he introduces himself to the world.

Anonymous said...

That's some crazy traffic but let me assure you it doesn't always happen in Erie. Sounds like someone did screw up about the signage thought and you have every right to be annoyed by that! Best of luck today! I bet you can't wait to hold the little guy....

Bethany said...

I totally feel you on the frustrations of Erie traffic in the downtown area. I think Josh and I also hit that same road closed sign without any warning.

Congratulations on your the newest member of your family!

freakface said...

In the 70's and early 80's, Erie had a traffic engineer named Wassamier Mocha (spelling, please, someone?), who worked on this. The kicker was that since the lights were all mechanical-timer controlled, he couldn't get them to talk to each other to make sure that they STAYED in time. The work including optimizing the lights so that the busiest streets gave you the greatest clean run. That's no small task since you have both north-south and east-west corridors to try to keep in sync with each other!

Brooke & Freeland said...

Oh boy! Oh boy! I cant wait to meet him. Adam is supposed to be giving you my number - so in case he has other things going on :) and doesnt remember - get it from him!

Oh and dont get us started on the roads.. and pot holes EVERYWHERE! :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm saying CONGRAT NOW!!! BTY, you don't have to go THAT far north to see that kind of crazy traffic. Conway's traffic lights are set up the same way. If you stop at one...you stop at ALL of them...Will drive you insane!!

OK...it's 11:05 our time....I'm waiting to hear something!!!!

Give Camille a hug, and little Henry a kiss from me. (I'd tell you to give Adam a kiss or hug, but he doesn't know me well enough for me to get THAT up close and personal with him!)

Oh, just so you know....I'm going to show my ignorance once again in black and white on your blog.....when you get back you can't explain to me what in the SAM HILL a TWITTER IS!!!

LUH YA!!! Goosie

Deb said...

We are watching (the twitter) and praying.. I know you are so excited! Oh, BTW,I think you are inducing just so we won't win the pool. I know either Jim or I were on the money. :-)

Ann Miller said...

happy baby day, mamma lulu x3!!!