IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, April 25, 2009

THE NIGHT SHIFT

We survived our first night with Mr. Henry-QUITE WELL! Camille fed him at 8 and went to bed and left Henry in Adam's care. I took him from Adam-since I had not had my share of holding time yet. Adam quickly began to fade and went to bed at 9. Henry and I hung out, rocked and watched House reruns. At 11 Camille came back down fed Henry while I stayed up with her. She has to have help getting him back up the stairs. After feeding, burping, pooping, and pooping again on the not-attached new diaper, he settled in for a little sleep. I went to bed and the new parents took over. He had to be awakened at 2, but followed the same routine as at 11. Powers jumped in the bed with me around 5. I suppose the fact that Camille was up and in the nursery told him that we should all be up. I got up, took Powers out and fed him and checked on Camille. Sitting in the glider in the nursery, she and Henry seemed to be pretty content. Back to bed and the next thing I know it is 7:30 and BC is calling.

Adam & I worked as a unit to give him a bath last night before Camille's bedtime. We learned you do not give a bath on the couch-even a spit bath. Today I have learned that you do not change diapers on the couch. That discovery was made when Henry christened the "Green Couch". HOW IN THE WORLD DID I EVER GET ALL THIS DONE WITHOUT HELP? BC has always been willing to help, but he also has always worked long hours. It is a miracle that our kids survived!

Henry is a very good baby-so far. My guess will be about the time I leave to go to LA-he will wake up and not sleep so much. Isn't that the way it works ALWAYS!

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Thanks for the help Mom!

Ann Miller said...

i am sure things will be running like clockwork soon enough...yeah, right!

Anonymous said...

Well,just so you know, yards have to been mowed, trash taken off, meals prepared, nails done, hair waxed off, weddings attended, visitation completed, laundry finished, beds made, wine tasted, cars washed, trucks washed, sidewalks, drives, gutters blownoff and cleaned, friends visited, PO Boxes emptied, grocery stores shopped in, offices visited, cleaners called on, trash taken off and naps taken. So there, it ain't no "piece of cake" here either. I'm just saying....Oh, Henry, I need some help.