IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, April 30, 2009

REALLY---IT'S A MIRACLE YOU ARE HERE!



It seems that it now takes an entire "Boatload" of stuff to raise a baby.  I cannot believe all of the "things" they have for Henry.  I am currently sitting downstairs on "Henry Watch" while Momma tries to make up for the sleep lost last night and I am looking at the vibrating recliner he is sleeping in (sort of like an adult massage chair", his car seat/carrier/stroller seat (they call this a "Travel System), and a swing.  NOW THAT IS JUST WHAT WE HAVE DOWNSTAIRS!  He has changing pads, swaddling gowns (one complete outfit all attached with lots of Velcro), monogrammed burp clothes (HE IS GOING TO SPIT UP ON THIS), diaper king (marvelous invention), crib, bassinet (also pack in play), and on and on and on.
The "CORKER" in this mountain of stuff-----well NO the two corkers are------the "IT Z BEEN".  Marvelous little device that gives you the time it has been since he last ate, the time it has been since the last diaper change, the time he has been asleep,  AND  a blank spot for anything else you might like to time.   WELL BACK IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS---I Looked at a CLOCK (NON-DIGITAL) to see how long it had been since they ate last, I counted the diapers strewn around to know how many times they had been changed, and sleeping-----DID THEY EVER SLEEP!
The other marvelous invention that EVERY MOTHER MUST HAVE---the monitor.  Now they make a audio monitor as well as a camera monitor so you can know EVERY sound or move your baby makes.  BACK IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS----I used my EARS (SHOCK) to listen for the baby and thought it might border on voyeurism to watch their EVERY MOVEMENT!
Henry did not let his Mom sleep much after the 2 AM feeding, so hopefully she will get a long nap this AM.  I can see him growing right before my very eyes!  I do not need any gadget for that--it is truly amazing!

4 comments:

Marylou said...

We LOVED our itzbeen though in my sleep deprived state I persisted in calling it the "its-bean" (don't ask) At least you guys didn't opt for the "paranoid" monitor (as camille labeled it) we have the movement monitor that it supposed to help prevent SIDS...I have found that all it does is jolt me out of bed in the middle of the night when she rolls off the sensor :)

Hannah Lee said...

Wow! What a great invention! I have never heard of the Itzbeen. I will invest in that for the next one!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oh, the Itzbeen...too bad we didn't think of that!!

Deb said...

Wow.... I have no idea what ja all are talking about! Yes, I had a clock, too. :-)