IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, April 27, 2009

MY NEWEST MAN!

I had a "rocking good time" with the "newest man in my life" last night. After his 2 AM hit at the "Milk Bar", I heard him fussing while his Momma changed him. I got up and put him back to sleep while his Mom went back to bed. We were rocking and rolling! There is nothing like the sweet smell of a baby during the wee hours of the morning. I experienced this with my other Grands as well during their first week in the world. I wouldn't take anything for the experience!

I am enjoying the last day of great weather before it begins raining and turning cool up here again. While out running errands, invariably, I get asked about my accent. I always respond, "What accent?" To my ear, I sound just like MOST of you people up here, but then occasionally I run into someone with a "Thick Erie Accent". Camille has been told that she is getting her accent back-could it be that Momma is a "Bad Influence"?

With everyday, the Jennings are settling into a routine of sorts. Mom has been Spring Cleaning, working in the yard, cooking meals, washing clothes and an occasional late night rocking session!

WHY doesn't the weather stay like this for the next two weeks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lora!
I'm actually sitting in your house right now! :) I looked at all of Henry's pictures, and I concur: HE'S ADORABLE!!!

Can you e-mail me Camille's street address? Miss you, but so glad you're getting to be there. Bobby sure was proud to report the news to me at church! :)

Love,
Meredith

Anonymous said...

I'm not at your house, but he is so adorable! I would rock him at any time, and you know I'm not a morning person. Sweeter than little puppy breath!

Chrome Cowgirl

Hannah Lee said...

And what a sweet little man he is. He is a sweet blessing and I know you are enjoying every minute of it.

Anonymous said...

I am so so glad you are enjoying your time up there!

Miss you bunches!!!


Goosie