IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, April 14, 2009

WHO'S IN CONTROL!!!!!!!!

Poor Camille, she is getting a lesson in being a parent! For a person like me who is addicted to "Control", raising children was a challenge-TO SAY THE LEAST! One of the few times, in my entire life, that I felt totally out of control was the 33 years (YES-LONG STORY) that I spent raising my brood.

We should all know we are in for trouble when we go through the challenge of getting them "On The Ground". Unless you have a planned section, YOU ARE TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL! Even with the one that I had induced, she still took her own sweet time hitting the ground.

Camille is dealing with the frustration of learning that it is not our time table-but theirs. I did tell her today when she called with a thick upset voice that her body would sooner or later "KICK MR.HENRY OUT"! I plan to remind her during those hours of labor of her being SO UPSET that she wasn't already going there. Oh Camille! We ALL have felt terminally pregnant, but if we had only known then what we know now. Hold Your Horses, Henry--------Momma Lulu will be there late tomorrow and THEN you have my permission to make your appearance at any time. BUT REMEMBER-Momma Lulu DOES NOT LIKE TO BE KEPT WAITING!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My need to always be in control is precisely why, if I ever have children, I will lobby my doctor very hard to let me have a planned c-section.

Ann Miller said...

camille is so blessed to have you there...it means so much to up for our mamas to be around!! good luck and safe travels!! love y'all!

Hannah Lee said...

I was one of those new mothers wanting and yearning for Jackson to come out...NOW! Tears and pleading to my doctor finally led them to induction...WHY WAS I IN SUCH A HURRY! That is what new moms do...its our way. I know her feelings right now but we just have to tell her to do something for herself and just wait. That sweet baby will soon reveal his sweet face.

Anonymous said...

Now that you are there, I know that if you give Mr. Henry a "pep talk", it won't be long before he decides to show his handsome little face!!!!


Goosie

Bethany said...

I told Henry to wait until you got here before he comes on out.

The Tylers said...

I can remember thinking after I had Jake, if only I could have had 1 more day!