IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, February 29, 2008

LET IT SNOW!

Snow Covered Road
Snow Mound In Front of Neighborhood House (From Steep Roof)


The Jennings Abode

Barnes & Noble-Death Cicles in Front-Note Snow Falling
We are enjoying BC's birthday sitting in the den in front of the fire watching the snow fall. It started snowing just before noon and has been constant since then. The snow falling does not stop the Eriites from their normal routines. We have ventured out a couple of time to lunch and then to take care of some business and the streets are filled. We find those people that we have conversations with very nice, but as Camille says "We are a traveling comedy tour." She & her Dad ever full of quips and me-the eternal straight guy. I think we may take some off guard since we are so used to having conversation where ever we go and some don't quite know how to take our rolling commentary.
Took Mr. Powers for a walk this morning after cleaning house for Camille while she was working. (No distractions when they get home-since house is clean). I had told Adam that my ears never got cold, but OBVIOUSLY-I didn't realize how cold the wind in Erie is. I ended up pulling up my hood before I got home. Just like running, you end up getting hot once you start to really work, but it is way too cold to take off any clothes. Started the day at 11 degrees, but we are actually up to about 34 degrees.
While making the final stretch home, which is down hill, Mr. Powers (who is a very strong dog) was pulling me down the hill when I stepped on ice and down I went. TWO times in one week-kissing the ground! My rear end will now match my foot-Very Colorful.
We are going out to dinner "Mi scuizi" to finish the day's celebration. A restored mansion in one of the local neighborhoods. Looking forward to a delicious Italian meal!




5 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

LOL, apparently powers took you skitching. Been to that Barnes and Noble many times. The wind blows like a beotch up on Peach St. no doubt!!!! Aaahhhh for a good snow storm and a fire inside and a good movie on. Those were the days.

Deb said...

I am trying to picture all of that going down....especially you in hip waders running in Erie. Jim said never run with out chains on. Hope you are not too sore....and be careful! Nothing funny about falling.

Kids in school were asking what happens when a person is born on Feb. 29. I told them they are destined to be eternally young. Tell Bobby we owe him a sweet 16 b day dinner...we can drag this b day out for a long, long, time. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

what bees a beotch?

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Glad you are having fun.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful snow! enjoy it for us too. It is going to be 71 degrees today. Robins are in abundance here the past few days. I know you wonder if all that snow can melt by spring. Think of the drinking water.