IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, March 1, 2008

YOUR WELCOME ERIE & THANK YOU, TOO!!!

ICE DUNE ON LAKE ERIE
OOPS, BUT ADAM WAS THE LAST TO FALL


READING TRAIL MAP-READY TO GO


THOSE ARE FISHING HUTS OUT ON THE LAKE



POWERS & CAMILLE PLAYING CATCH THE SNOWBALL



ADAM AND # ONE BUD-POWERS






ADAM & POWERS SHOVELING THE WALK-WHERE IS THE WALK?
Great day! Your welcome, Erie, for the beautiful sunshine we brought you from the South! It has been a beautiful day with sun most of the day-BUT SO WINDY!
I woke up several times last night hearing the wind howling outside our window. It is really strange since it is not a constant wind, but comes & goes.
We went out to Presque Isle today and went cross country skiing. We had a great time, but all four managed to end up "kissing the snowy ground" before we finished. I actually liked cross country better than down hill skiing-probably has something to do with the need for control. We all had a great time and there were lots of people at the park.
We stopped for me to get a picture of the lake and I struck up a conversation with a local fisherman. He told me they catch blue gill and perch in the lake, but this year has not been a good fishing year. The fisherpeople take their stuff out to their huts on sleds loaded down with gear that they pull behind them as they walk out on the lake. He said the ice is about 6 inches thick right now, but should melt some time this month. When it melts, it melts quick!
Our last stop on the Isle was to walk out on the beach and see the ice dunes! Truly amazing! Large mounds of snow & ice which is mounded up by the wind. The wind blowing off the lake on the beach was gale force! When you looked out at the lake, it was a sea of ice! "Grumpy Old Men" incarnate.
We stopped at Wegmans on the way home. I COVET THEIR GROCERY STORE! You name it-they have it-in every conceivable shape, size, and brand. I could spend a week in their walking EACH & EVERY aisle and probably SPEND $ a year's grocery budget in the same week.
Our dinner was delish last night. We would highly recommend Mi Sukzi to one and all.
We are cooking chili for supper tonight and enjoying a warm evening before the fire. The sun may come out, but it is still COLD in Erie.






4 comments:

Deb said...

Glad you are having fun in the sun and the snow. I went cross country skiing once and it was boring to me...and I really didn't like the uphill parts. It is hilly where I came from....so I stuck with the downhill variety. Now being older and wiser and much less of a dare devil I would probably enjoy this cross country stuff...although the trees whipping past and wondering if I was going to live before we got down to the lodge was part of the thrill....
We had some rain but today was pretty....see you all soon. Praying for safe travel for y'all. Debbie

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

LOL, I am laughing my arse off...in that very first pic you look like a woman scientist that just came out of her hemisphere hut for a look at the sun on antartica........it looks like you should be planting a flag in the ground or something. Like you "made it". LOL....there is nothing in the background, it looks so desolate. Little do they all know there is Waldameer to your left LOL and sarah's hot dog stand to your right.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Isn't Wegmans da'bomb. It is hands down one of the best and I have been to many in all my travels. It comes in 2nd to Whole Foods. I ALWAYS miss my wegmans.

Anonymous said...

Attention!