IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, February 2, 2008

YUMMYLICIOUS!

It is always a lot of fun to cook with one of your best friends! When The Thompson's came last night, I had a dinner menu planned that would enable Barbara & me to be in the kitchen cooking together. The meal always tastes better when it is prepared with good conversation! We cooked chicken marsala and risiotto rice with a spring mix salad with balsamic vingar dressing. It was fun cooking together and we all enjoyed the fruits of the labor.

The marsala chicken is a delicious dish that is really not that difficult to prepare. If you would like to come over and help me prepare this dish sometime, I would love to cook and eat with you!

We had a wonderful visit with The Thompson's picking up where we left off and instantly catching up. How many friends do you have in a lifetime that you can share anything with, without fear of judgement and always with good advice attached on the other end. We are planning our annual summer vacation together when their son and his family and all three of our children and their families coming along (If you will pay they will come)! We are looking forward to a great time together as we make new memories and reminensce over old.

My hip is causing GREAT discomfort today! Hopefully it will begin to get better tomorrow as promised by the "exercise terrorist". A tough massage on Thursday and 10 miles on Friday = Pain on Saturday!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I am glad you all had a great visit. I know you all always have a great time. Thanks for the back story...never knew how you all met. Deb

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Chicken Marsala.......YUM. My husband will not eat mushrooms. no how no way. He apparently has some issue with the texture. It is a pita because I LOVE mushrooms and many dishes have mushrooms as the 2nd main ingredient so we can't fix those because he is a wuss.

Lindsey said...

I want your chicken marsala recipe! That sounds delicious! Could you please email it to me? arita.lindsey@gmail.com

Thanks!