IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, February 11, 2008

TRUE CONFESSION

Today's news had a blurb about an upcoming story concerning those that are using the internet to confess their transgressions and clear their conscience. Basically instead of confessing wrongs directly to those that have been wronged, the tort is confessed and sorrow is declared to the world wide web readers. It sounds like the Catholic practice of confessing sins to the priest who then states the penalty for those sins. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Bible instructs to first go to the one that we have sinned against, declare your sin, ask forgiveness and repay those that you have wronged. After this act, you can go and ask forgiveness from God, but you do not pray for forgiveness unless you have atoned with the offended. The news story alluded to the fact that once sorrow has been declared to all the readers, that the wrong doer felt free to continue doing wrong. It sounds like an easy way to clear your conscience and then continue in your old ways. If you have to go to the one offended and make amends before confessing to the entire world, you probably are a lot less prone to continue with those wrongs. It is not easy to humble yourself and admit being wrong and in my mind, this would certainly discourage continued wrong doing. If I start confessing my sins on the internet, you might get worried. Either someone else is posting on my blog or I have fallen off the edge of the cliff.

We ran 5 miles this morning at the fastest rate that we have run in a LOOOONNNGGG time. Babs obviously ate her Wheaties this AM. I was huffing and puffing the entire time, but we finished. After the run, I was going to walk for a while with Sandra and ended up walking 5 miles. Maybe I had my Wheaties too! Our new running GPS'es are really neat. When the info is downloaded on the computer you can get all kind of information including pace, elevation, grade, rate per mile, and time to just name a few. REALLY COOL and unlike "Sweetie" this thing does not talk so no nasty "recalculating" just bells and chimes going off the entire run!

3 comments:

Deb said...

So you are "back in the saddle" sounds like. I think I would prefer Sweetie's voice to a beep. I am still holding out for a Mel Gibson GPS. Seriously, I think the next big thing will be downloading the voice of your choice. Maybe we could have Hillary Clinton telling us where to turn or Boris Karloff. Both of these choices are scary! Maybe John Madden, Howard Kosell, Jingles, or Barney Fife. I would have trouble deciding. Ricky Ricardo would be a good one, too. "Oh, Lucy!! Recalculate!"

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Thats funny, Mrs. Debbie. "Hooooney, I'm hoooome- recalculate."

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Seems to me you probably don't have many things you need to keep stuffed in the closet, however, you could always make up a juicy confession for some titillating reading for the rest of us. Perhaps, I will write about some sort of food scandal.....gotta keep your readers hooked. I know I am grasping for straws on most days....slim pickings.