IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, February 25, 2008

ICE!


I AM NOT A HAPPY ATHLETE! Babs, Larry & I were out for our early morning 5 miles this AM when I made the unfortunate discovery of one of the many LA potholes! I am mad at the Dept. of Highways, but this probably could have been avoided if I had not been so close to Babs. I know in my head that I need a little room to be able to observe the road and its condition, but I tend to panic thinking I am getting left behind. We were going beside a huge oilfield truck at a red light and I was not only close to Babs but also concerned about the truck. My foot caught a deep pothole and down I went. I felt and heard the ankle pop, so knew I was in trouble. I crawled out of the road and Babs came back to help me up. Knew immediately today's run was over for me. I tried walking it off, but when I tried a slow jog after a while it was a no go. I am home icing and elevating now so hopefully I will be back in action QUICK! To add insult to injury, I also fell on my bad hip side. GREAT-both sides out of whack!
I keep telling myself that "I have had worse on my lip and kept on whistling.". MIND OVER BODY! Actually I have had much worse ankle sprains. Once I fell over the dog while carrying middle child down the hall as a baby-THE DAY THAT WE WERE TO LEAVE ON A CHILDLESS VACATION TO BELIZE! Long story short-went anyway! The worse sprain I ever had was during tax season. I used to go to aerobics during my lunch time. We were running through tires and I caught my foot and same story as today only REALLY BAD! When you cannot walk on them, they are bad! I went back to work with ice and propped my foot on a trash can. Hard to think when your foot is throbbing.
Considering the many miles on my legs and feet, really I have been very fortunate. This too will pass!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you should add that song "Ice Ice Baby" for today's sight! Sorry about your ankle/foot. Need some crutches?

NYY

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

YIKES, do you always get hurt right before a trip??? Maybe you can get a motorized scooter hehehehe.

G said...

Lora,

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. Sorry to read about your ankle. Louisiana roads and highways are the worse I've seen in the South. They make Mississippi look like progress!

Ann Miller said...

It's nice to be known for your grace...at least you did not get run over by a car. That would not be good! Maybe you can find a walker to take with you on your trip so you can keep up w/Bobby in the airport!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

It still looks the same as it did this morning....are you sure you iced that??? heheheheh

Deb said...

Hope it is not too bad...and you will be "on the road again" before long...but consider my friend the Tech track...very safe and NO HOLES!! No trucks, no dogs....plus a cushy surface to boot. What is there not to love....plus it is a pretty blue color.