IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, February 4, 2008

FOUR HEADS ARE BETTER THAN ONE!






Four of us runners have a new toy-Garmin- Forenunner 205. This baby is "Nifty!". Unfortunately when you get to be AARP age, the learning curve for these electronic gadgets can be steep. If only Grandson Caleb, lived a little closer! When you are 7, these kind of gadgets are not the least bit intimadating, in fact it seems to be instinctive as to making them work. This is a GPS computer for running. WOW. You can track your distance, track you speed, track the calories burned, program types of workouts, and alert yourself to a range of pace and on and on. IT IS SO COOL! The four of us got together today at lunch and after a quick bite (cannot forego eating), we proceeded to figure this baby out. After 2 hours of trial and error and collabration, we have it figured out. This could turn around and bite me in the rear, since an alarm will go off if I am not running fast enough. The other 3 girls look at their GPS's during their runs. I am able to completely ignore it while running but the alarm will go off if you don't stay within the parameters. We might end up sounding like a "Bell Choir" running down the road.




Friend Sheila's son, Andrew, is selling firewood. I am rapidly burning through my rack of wood, so I asked to buy a truckload. When Sheila and Andrew delivered it today, she backed into the woods by the woodpile. OOPS-the leaves covered the soft and wet ground and the pile is on the side of the hill we live on. She couldn't get the truck out of the woods. Now I have been around other stuck vehicles, so knew to put a piece of wood in front of the tire. She actually almost got out of the woods-but only almost. Andrew called his Dad to come give them a pull out. When Rob arrived, I noticed this "grin" on his face. You know the "you girls don't know what you are doing" grin. One little pull and out she came. Personally I think Sheila knew just what she was doing and if we only had another truck we could have pulled it out ourselves. I am sorry it was dark and I couldn't get a picture. A GOOD LAUGH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My next truck will have a winch. A wench with a winch. RRR

Deb said...

Cute pic of you all!! You all look so techno at the Frothy M.

Did you push the truck? Of course you could have gotten a face full of mud. I am not a lot of help in mud, but in snow I know all the tricks ....ashes, saw dust and coarse salt. Boards didn't work so much in snow.....BUT.. Sometimes you just gotta call a guy with a truck. Don't feel bad; you're still a heck of a woman!

Brooke & Freeland said...

So fun! I got Freeland that watch as a wedding gift. He loves it. Yall are adorable all sitting there together figuring it out!