IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, February 14, 2008

MY VALENTINE!


I am not sure what I ever did to deserve My Valentine! He is quite the man! When I stop and reflect on all of these Valentine Day celebrations we have had, I count my "Lucky Stars". Mr. C is definitely the "Romantic" in our family. I am more of a "Closet Romantic", since I come from a long line of "Don't show your emotions in public" genes. You could probably say that I am emotionally retarded. Mr. C now-what he is thinking and what he is feeling is right out front for all the world to know. You know exactly where you stand with the man because he is going to tell you just what is on his mind. That is a very good thing! No guessing-no second guessing-he just lays it out and you then deal with it.
Bobby is a very kind and thoughtful man with a definite soft side. He can play hard ball with the best of them, but when it comes to those that he loves-there is never a doubt about how he feels about you. He is openly affectionate and a hugger and kisser of all those he loves. The man can be a "Helpless Romantic" and that is a great thing!
When I think back to our early years, I am not sure why he married me. I definitely came into our marriage with a trailer load of baggage. What attracted him-I am not sure. Bobby was "The Perfect" son and brother in his family who never did any wrong. I was the middle child with an emotionally absent Mother who never approved of anything I did. How in the world did the two of us ever get together?
In my old age and great wisdom, I now realize it was all within the providence of God. He directed our courtship, our marriage, and our lives together. When I think of all the wars that we have had and the great difference in our personalities, I know who knit us together and kept us together. Bobby is a Godly man, who seeks Godly wisdom and does his best to follow the example we have been given to live by. I am sure we would have never survived all these years without that influence in our lives. We are blessed and I am grateful!
Everyday is Valentine's Day when you are married to a man like Bobby. He strives each and every day to serve me and affirm me. His love is a constant reassuring presence in my life. I am complete and at my best when I am with him and I treasure the hours and minutes we are together. There is no one else that I had rather be with and spend time with. I stand amazed that anyone could love me even knowing all about me-but not only does he love me-but he loves me well. Thank you, God, for the blessing of "My Valentine".
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! He is a terrific fella. I love to get my hug and kiss from him whenever I see him. Congratulations! You're a lucky girl!

NY Yankee Fan

the Jennings secede from the South said...

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!