IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, February 6, 2008

SOME SAY I AM "BOSSY"

There are those individuals that say that I am "Bossy" and I don't moo, so not the cow, Bossy. I must say that I probably missed my calling in life, I should have been a "Life Coach". There are people out there that pay good money to have someone tell them what they should be doing. I have done that for my kids and most anyone else that would listen for years FOR FREE! If you need someone to line you out and tell you just what you need to be doing-GIVE ME A CALL. I am your woman! I am sure this is a genetic thing since we called my mother, "Boss" 40 years ago. My brother, Robbie, watched a "Wild Kingdom" special about elephants and came up with that name. It seems to establish dominance and who is in charge in an elephant herd, they throw their head around and swing their trunks back and forth while blaring out a trumpet calll at top volume. Reminded him a lot of Momma. She could give orders with the best of them. What was truly amazing is that she did not lead by example, she lead by intimadation. Momma was a little woman-shorter than me by almost a head and most of her life skinny, but that did not stop her from throwing her weight around when it came to her kids. Come to think of it, I saw her do the same thing with non-family members as well. She had no problem letting you know what you needed to do and how she wanted it done. If not done right, you got to do it again. I never saw her do any physical labor-NONE-ZIP! Amazing! Now my method of leading, with my children, involved doing it myself and being huffy because they did not want to help. 1000 excuses! To this day, I can work rings around all three of them.

OK-I got off the subject. I have a new project and someone put me in charge-POWER! Now with non-family members, I can actually get people to co-orperate and do what I say. I LOVE IT! Get on the phone-make a call-"I need you to --fill in the blank- on the 12th. Does that work for you?" Hard to say NO! I really like e mail-send a short authoritative note-We need -------and I knew I could depend on you! Please put this on your calendar. Give me a list of volunteers and a list of jobs and I am loving it. ORGANIZING & ORDERING-what I do best!

It was cold this AM while running down the road. Babs ran off and left me, but I have an excuse (some of us always have an excuse). My right leg is in a major wad. The pain now extends from my hip all the way down to my calf and there is a big knot in my calf. I am sure all of this radiates from my hip, but have spent the day analyzing what is going on. Perhaps I am pronating in an effort to take the pressure off the hip and that is causing the calf problem. Our new toys are really neat. I didn't get chimed at until I had gone over 3 miles and my leg had started hurting. Then I sounded like the "Bell Choir of Notre Dame" running down the road. I have the heat pad out and I am on the meds including alleve and I am stretching. Don't know what else I can do. Just keep on running and complaining and moaning and groaning! What is truly amazing is that all of this started after the marathon. God got me through all of those long miles. Truly amazing the power of prayer!

6 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Not to be a bossy smart a$$ but have you EVER thought of doing something besides running??? perhaps you should give yoga another try heheheheheh.

Ann Miller said...

Okay...in order to escape Mardi Gras, me and the kids took a short trip north--I can put my potato salad in my gumbo (big south LA thing), but I cannot make myself like MG!! I don't catch well (or throw well) and things coming fast towards my head are a little scary!!
Now--about all of your aches and pains--I have a simple three word solution=Ritz Carlton Spa. Call me and I can arrange your day of relaxation, during your trip for relaxation and extreme calorie consumpation, in New Orleans. I, too, have a knack for telling others what is in their best interest!!!
Also, tell Uncle Bobby that I only wish--had the same situation have occured at my house--that my Dad could have remained so "cool". Can you imagine?? I think the State Police, and Son, would have been involved with ME being the one he wanted jailed!!

Anonymous said...

So when others are injured, you tell them to stop running. But when you're injured you run thru the pain? You know better! Take care!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

oooooh anonymous TOLD you, boss.

Olson Family said...

your excessive running is admirable however I don't think sounding like "the bell choir of notre dame" is a good thing so you might want to take some Celebrex or something!

and yes we discovered the cereal can be substituted for glue and/or concrete...we've been hanging pictures on the wall with it:)

Olson Family said...

your excessive running is admirable however I don't think sounding like "the bell choir of notre dame" is a good thing so you might want to take some Celebrex or something!

and yes we discovered the cereal can be substituted for glue and/or concrete...we've been hanging pictures on the wall with it:)