IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, February 23, 2008

LOUISIANA IN FEBRUARY!

Note the clothes on the line to the left of the house in one of Ruston's most exclusive neighborhoods.
Trees are blooming!


Yard full of blooming trees.

Birds on Feeder By My Front Door!



BC wants you all to know he picked up a few limbs.
What a BEAUTIFUL DAY! We started by running our 10 mile long run this morning with overcast skies. By the time I got home, had a little breakfast, a long hot shower and my morning paper read, the sun had come out. The remainder of the day has been cool but a perfect day! You will note in the pictures above that the trees and bushes have begun to bloom. The crisp mornings which warm into wonderful days are the preview of the wonderful Spring which is just around the corner. Tomorrow promises to be a warm day-possibly even shorts weather when we go for our Sunday walk. I am cleaning out flower beds and getting ready for planting which usually begins in March and continues until early May. I love the change of seasons. We have long hot summers, but we also enjoy a distinct spring and fall season. The only thing we really get a shortage of is bitter cold winters-HOW BAD CAN THAT BE?





3 comments:

Deb said...

Hey, don't knock clothes lines!! I have never been without one cuz I love the fresh smell of sheets hung out. I don't hang a lot of stuff out now, but in Illinois where it was sooooo windy I hung everything out and it was dry in about an hour almost all spring and summer. I had so many clothes lines in Illinois my mother was down right jealous. Mom hangs everything out all summer to save on her electric bill...plus she is addicted to the smell, too.

Lora said...

I love the smell also, but WHO would dream there would be a clothes line in Toma Lodge????

Anonymous said...

I was very surprised to see that line in Toma Lodge. Is that family breaking some neighborhood covenant? I hope so! Clothes lines are against the rules in Squire Creek. I love my cotton sheets to be line dried.

NY Yankee Fan