IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, February 27, 2008

HOW TO PACK - 101

Thursday Night: A chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. South wind between 5 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.Friday: Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 36. South wind between 16 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. Friday Night: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. Saturday: A chance of snow showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 30%.Sunday Night: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 40%.Monday: A chance of snow or rain showers. Cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

You will note that the warm weather we planned on bringing Erie does not seem to arrive until the day we are headed back South. So Sorry-Erie-but better late than never!

Well I am down to crunch time and have to decide what in the world to carry to Erie. Friend, Sheila, loaned me her snow boots-so my feet should be fine. The upper body is another thing! I have my beloved cordoroy jeans which are nice and warm, and I have my "smart wool" socks from hiking this summer, but I may have to rely upon layers for the top. For some strange reason, I do not seem to have many sweaters anymore. Perhaps because our low is about the same as Erie's high on their better days, I stopped buying sweaters a while ago. I have a firm rule that if I have not worn something in a year-it gets sent to Goodwill or the Salvation Army, so those long ago sweaters are long gone. I am a firm believer in packing light-but packing light for cold tempertures could be tough! So instead of going to the closet and making some decisions, I'll just procastinate again and blog instead.

Made that 5 mile run this AM with brace on foot. It was sort of like molasses flowing down the road on a cold day. Babs was most kind and stuck with me which I am sure was trying. It only hurts when my foot is not absolutely level. This means that everytime I roll off of that foot as I run it is a little painful, but not unbearable. If I tried to pick up the speed, the pain was worse, so I just kept it slow. We are running our long run tomorrow since Babs & I are leaving town for the weekend. Her daughter, Heather, who lives in Tennessee also has a leap year birthday and they are headed up there to celebrate. We agreed to let the foot be the judge of our distance, but somewhere between 5 and 10 miles. Then 4-count them 4 whole days out of town before resuming work out activity.

3 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Have a safe trip....my parents called this morning and they got quite a bit o'snow...they are about 45 minutes south o'erie.

Ann Miller said...

HAVE FUN AND HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST AND FAVORITE UNCLE!!
LOVE,
THE FAVORITE NEICE

Brooke & Freeland said...

SOOO FUN! Your daughter is the bestest hostess in the world! (Im sure she got it from you :) Hope yall have a blast! Cant wait to read about the trip! Oh & yes - the grandparents live it up on the boats when the go to LA. Its pretty funny - she "works her magic" (aka just ask) and gets everything free :)