IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I SMELL SPRING IN THE AIR!

I have spent the day outside and loved every minute of it! The azaleas are beginning to bud and I even spotted one or two trying to open up as I cleaned out flower beds. The Japanese Magnolia or Tulip Tree as I prefer to call it is in full bloom. YES INDEED SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER! My computer time may decrease as I spend every possible moment outside enjoying it all. You have to love Spring and the wonderful blue sky and mild temperatures. My Mamaw James would be so proud to see me out working in the yard. She had a REALLY green thumb and a beautiful old fashioned garden in her side yard. I can see her in my mind's eye raking and working in her beloved garden with her bonnet over her head to keep the sun off her face. She was quite a woman, but I will save a story about her for another day.

Following a fun time in my yard, I rode over to The Boersma Abode for a little blowing off and pool cleaning. Friend Helen & Dr. Dale were napping with daughter-in-law, Rachel there watching. Pray for these dear friends as they all travel down this difficult road. Such grace under such extreme pressures are most impressive to watch. I have had the privilege to watch a wonderful couple and their son David and his wife Rachel pull together in a united front of caring for Dr. Dale. They have my highest admiration as I watch their sweet concern and loving ministry to not only Dr. Dale, but also to Helen. They are well loved and a beloved part of the community. The love they have shown all these years to so many is now being showered back upon them by their legion of friends. God has truly blessed them as they have faithfully served Him and pursued Him all these years. I know they indeed are "Good and Faithful Servants". One of Bobby's favorite quotes is (Paraphrased), When God Stirs Us To Pray, It Is His Intent to Show Mercy. I am stirred and trust He will respond with mercy for our dear friends.

I started my day with a 5 mile walk with friend, Sandra. Before moving into the yard and following a little housework, I decided to "water my nose" again. PAINFUL. I am a little concerned that "watering" it may cause it to grow. We have a long standing contest in the James family as to the "biggest nose". Hopefully all of the watering will not make me "The Winner".

I have neglected telling you of my exercise activity lately, but a 5 mile walk Sunday and a 5 mile run Monday with a 5 mile walk following. I think the legs are getting plenty of work, perhaps I need to get to work on the upper body again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky! It's still a harsh winter here in Pittsburgh. Grey skies and a high of 26 today! I perviously lived in ATL and I remember I could not believe how blue the sky was!!!!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Lower body workout is never my problem either w/step aerobics and long walks. I hate working my upper body but it is my weakness and that is why.

I have a black thumb.