IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, September 28, 2007

TOOTH ACHES!

I personally have never really had a "tooth ache". My teeth occasionally hurt when I am having sinus problems, but I have not had a specific tooth to ache. You hear that something hurts like a tooth ache-which means it is acutely painful. I don't really understand that -I can sympathize, but I can not empathize. Mr. C has had a tooth ache this week. This is a reoccurring chronic problem with a tooth that has a crown. He ended the week today at the endodontist to schedule a root canal. He has been swollen and actually took some pain pills. When he admits something is painful enough to take medication-it is really bad. Hopefully the anti-biotic is taking effect now and he is on the mend, but the root canal-hopefully will be the ultimate answer to the problem. God has blessed me with good teeth, so I don't really understand the agony of suffering through not so good teeth. It does keep me going back to the floss and electric toothbrush when I see Bobby suffering as he has this week.

I spent the morning combing the "Great Outdoors" for things to put in a flower arrangement. I had great fun and got plenty of funny looks when I would step out with those big clippers in my hands. One of the best things about my explorer is that I can haul all of these kinds of things around in the back. I have a tall full arrangement to take to the shower tomorrow. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get it to the church.

I have taken yesterday and today off from all physical activity in an effort to give my hip a rest. We will see tomorrow how well it does after getting up earlier than usual to "trick" it. Getting old is not bad-it is just your body falling apart that is the pits.

No comments: