IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, September 19, 2007

TODAY IS HER BIRTHDAY!

Today is Mrs. Sandra's birthday. She is in the picture on the left back. We gathered those in town and not working and enjoyed lunch to celebrate. I will not tell you how old she is, just suffice to say she is in the 60-65 age group at all of the races. The sad thing for the rest of us is that the "Old Lady" of the group can outrun all of the other ladies-some MUCH younger. In an effort to be nice on this special day, I will not give her a hard time today (MUCH).

One of the regular readers requested a picture of "The Toe"-




The red is not polish-but a blood blister that was under the nail. The red under the nail is the blister that is still healing. Band aid on toe next to it is from NEW blister that was rubbed today by the bandage on the bad toe while running. The black on the big toe is the blackened toe showing through. It is time to stop wearing sandals and to go to the closed toe models!
While out on the road this morning, we discussed the Omega 3 supplements (Fish Oil). Someone failed to tell me that you need to be careful that the bottle says NO AFTER TASTE. Well great-I have 250 fishy tasting capsules that I will suffer through. I CANNOT MAKE MYSELF WASTE THAT MONEY. I will take the entire bottle and know that I did-for at least a couple of hours after each and every pill. You take 3 a day, so hopefully after almost 3 months they will be gone. Sandra told me she takes 4-but remember she is blond (OOPS!).
We ran our 6 this AM and then walked 5 more. Larry ran 6-9 minute miles-YOU GO LARRY! FOR SOME STRANGE REASON, no one sees us from 5:30-6:30 when we are running, BUT THEY ALL SPOT US when we are walking. I may get a sign to wear -human billboard size- that says-
WE HAVE JUST FINISHED OUR 6 MILES-
NOW WALKING FIVE MORE
WHY WHY WHY do I care what ANYONE thinks?????

No comments: