IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, September 12, 2007

THE MYSTERIOUS GEAR-O/D


Every car I have ever had has the gear called O/D. I have to get the book out and read it to figure out what it is for and still never use it. I believe it sets the motor of the car at a setting that uses less fuel at a greater speed-or some such. The place to put my car in O/D is different with every car that I get. Sometimes there is a button you push and sometimes it is on the gear shift-I never remember it is there and thus never use it.


Mrs Sandra now-KNOWS where her O/D is. She kicks it in with little or no effort and when the after-burners ignites, she is off to the races. This AM we increased our run to 6 miles. After we had gone all but a couple of miles of it, she turns the corner on Alabama and the surge starts. Off she goes with apparently no problem. I am struggling just to keep up and gasping with each and every step-but obviously she has not been expending much energy until this point. WHAT CAN I SAY!


I did keep up until about mile 4 when they started easing up on me. I kept within a block or less of Susan & Jennifer, but Sandra was at least 1/2 mile out front. I had not seen Larry since we started the run. He must have eaten his Wheaties this morning. Babs & Mona-WHERE ARE YOU?????


It was cooler by about 10 degrees. That helps so much! I was not totally soaked with sweat when we finished, although I did my share of sweating. After finishing the 6 mile run, Larry, Sandra & I walked 5. That would be a total of my long run for last week. JUST CALL ME Sandra, Jr.


I have a new blister on the other foot on my lower heel. It is about the size of a quarter and pretty puffy. COMPLAIN- WHINE- MOAN! Ok-I'll probably live!

No comments: