IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, September 9, 2007

THANK YOU, GOD, FOR DEAR FRIENDS

I was totally amazed yesterday when 10 of us showed up to run at 5:30 on a Saturday morning. I have been reflecting how God has placed these remarkable women in my life and how blessed I am by their friendship. We laugh, we cry, and just generally fellowship together. There is much cumulative wisdom among us and there seems to be not too many dull moments. What started out as an effort to workout together has turned into wonderful friendships. I can only imagine what someone driving by at that time of the morning thought when they saw this parade of women running down the road. Probably thought we were nuts, and so we are.


When I think of friendships, I am always amazed how God has brought so many wonderful believers into our lives. BC and I have a very long term relationship with the Thompson's. We have grown from infant Christians to what we are today together. We have raised our children together and spent more vacations and Thanksgivings together than I would have ever believed. We have a wonderful small group that has grown into some of our dearest friends. Who would have ever believed when we started in The Cardwell's living room that we would have grown into what we are today. Friends that you can rely on to pray for you, share you joys and sorrows, and grow with you in a search for spiritual maturity . We are so blessed and so grateful for each and every relationship that God has placed in our lives. The best part is realizing that God is not through with growing us together and looking forward to all of the tomorrows we have united in our common purpose to glorify Him.


I am praying unceasingly for each of you, Dear Friends!


On a much lighter note, first week of marathon training is over. Let's see that means I am 1/18th of the way through. If you say it fast, it is not too bad. I have run 21 miles, including the 11 mile long run and walked 21/5miles in addition to lifting twice. FUN FUN FUN! My toes are suffering a little as you will note.

The big toe does not hurt at all, but the second toe has a blister under the toenail is is pretty sensitive. Not the first time this has happened, and probably will not be the last. Sonja suggested I might need to get "walking" shoes. I don't think I will tell Mr. C that I need to buy another pair of shoes, since my closet in currently over-running with running shoes.

No comments: