IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, September 27, 2007

PAIN!- CHAPTER 3

I must be a glutton for punishment. I went back to Jeff today for another session of pain and torture. Don't get me wrong, the man is very kind, quiet spoken, and concerned. That does not mean that he will not inflict serious pain-ALL FOR YOUR GOOD. My hip has been the worst it has been the past two weeks, so we started the day discussing that. The first part of the session was not too bad. I have become used to the pressure on the knots and his technique of "realigning" your muscles. THEN-THE HIP WORK STARTED! Take any open wound that you have ever had and then it became red and infected. Then take something and scrape that wound out. That is kind of what this felt like. HE DEFINITELY FOUND THE SPOT! It is in the joint itself. He said it could still be the muscle that is over that joint, but it could be arthritis. He told me that I should probably go to a doctor since I have been fighting this for 3 or more years. I don't really have a doctor since I am never sick and something tells me the female doctor I go to once a year probably does not know a lot about this. I also do not want to hear, "YOU SHOULD QUIT RUNNING." It totally seems unfair that I need a doctor's script to get one of the new arthritis drugs out there. Perhaps I can dig around in the cabinets and find something BC took with one of his orthopedic injuries. I will continue trying his other suggestions, including tricking the hip into thinking it is warmed up before running. I have heard of a trick knee before, but never a trick hip!

We had a wonderful small group last night. It is so encouraging to be with this great group of fellow believers. What a wonderful gift God has given us.

Our adopted college students are coming over for supper tonight. We have seen lots of Meriedth this year, but Gracie only once. Gracie always has drama in her life, so I look forward to hearing those tales. It is a small dose of what it used to be like with Camille around, only no dancing through the room at random times. I miss that spontaneity. WHAT A GIRL!

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I'll dance for you next weekend when you come!