IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, September 16, 2007

Blessed Sabbath

What a wonderful Sabbath! God has richly blessed us by commanding us to pause rest, reflect & worship. What a glorious day.


We saw a brief video this morning that my friend, Cynthia had on her blog in August. Go to You Tube and type in Psalm 23. This precious little girl is one of the listings. Click on her video and watch. As Cynthia said, "Out of the mouths of babes." This was so apropos since we were hearing about the scripture in Luke which speaks of Jesus and the children. Go to Luke's 18th chapter and start at the 15th verse and then watch this VERY SHORT video. Brother Dicky did a masterful job of expounding on this.


We had supper with the Boersma's and Cardwell's and Allison Peatross last night and then played "Balderdash". Now this game takes a master at the art of bull. I am not sure what that says about Sonja, since she won handily. You would have thought Mr. C would have taken us all-since he is SO experienced at expanding his tall tales. Wonderful and fun evening with precious friends.


We walked at the park this afternoon-but only Mrs. Sandra and me. The temperature is creeping back up again-which is disappointing, but SO Louisiana. Another week gone in our marathon training. Now let's see that means we are 1/9 of the way finished. Now doesn't that sound MUCH better than last week's 1/18th. Still not sure the "Old Hip" can take the pounding, but " we will see." That was one of my favorite answers to all of the,"Mom can I?" questions. That usually meant no, and they soon figured that out. The JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD.


Did I tell you that when I greet and open doors for the kids on Wednesday night I made a surprising discovery? It seems about 90% of today's families drive mini-vans. Some are really smart vans that the sliding door can be opened and shut by the driver. I am not sure how I managed to raise three children and never have a mini-van. What is even more surprising is that I actually had a two door car during part of those years. NOW THAT WAS FUN-getting the kids and all of their stuff in and out of the back seat with a two door car. Think of me being doubled over the steering wheel in the front seat while kids crawled out of the back. It made for a never ending fun ride of motherhood during those long years of hauling kids around. I miss those days-SOMETIMES!

No comments: