IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, September 18, 2007

TOE UPDATE

Mr. Toenail came off last night. It actually is not painful and happens very easily since the nail had popped lose from the nailbed when the blister formed. It is still raw and red, but I think it has turned the corner and is on the mend. If a cat has nine lives, how many toenails do you think each of my toes has? Hopefully an unlimited number!

I went to Wally World yesterday to restock on vitamins, minerals, etc, etc. One sack and $55 later, I have a counterful of supplements. Sandra had talked me into taking Omega 3, which is a fancy name for fish oil. There was a time that I actually tried taking liquid fish oil. There are no words to describe that wonderful experience. When you throw the liquid into the back of your mouth (Hoping not to taste it) it S L O W L Y slides down your throat. Remember-it is an oil. You then get the wonderful sensation of tasting the fish oil for the next 8 hours or so-MOST UNPLEASANT. I am a master at throwing things down my throat and never flinching-but THIS was OVER THE TOP. I went through a stage of taking Barley Green which tastes like your lawn clippings in water and got to where I liked it-NOW THAT IS SICK! I COULD NOT GO THE FISH OIL-I DON'T CARE HOW SMART IT MAKES ME OR HOW LONG I WILL LIVE. A short life as a dummy is better than taking that stuff. Sandra PROMISED that I would not taste the fish oil capsules nor get to re-enjoy it after the initial plunge. The woman must have a cast-iron stomach, because for the next 3 hours after lunch, I enjoyed the taste of fishy-not just mild fish-like talipa, but OLD FISH. I am hoping I will get used to it, since I bought the mega bottle. I KNEW BETTER-always start with the small bottle to see if you can handle it, but my tightness got the best of me.
The way he looks is how it tastes!

While reading my paper today, I saw in the classifieds a "Fainting Couch" for sale. Now did these people go out and buy a couch to faint on? Who in the world ever came up with that name? I actually had a chaise lounge in my room when growing up, but "A FAINTING COUCH". I am certain Scarlett or Miss Melanie MUST have had one of these!
Walked 5 with Mrs. Speedy and Babs this AM and then lifted weights. If you go early enough there are not too many CUTE AND YOUNG Coeds in the Lambright-which is a good thing!

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

oh, I remember the barley green stage. You made your poor daughter suffer with you!

Moto Mama said...

Hey. Saw you walking this morning! RRR 2 questions 4 U. How do you know what lawn clippings taste like? Where's a pic of your toe?