IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"I saw you walking"

There seems to be some conspiracy going on. You can run for MILES & MILES and never stop, but THE MOMENT you stop and walk-even for a few feet-here comes a parade of cars filled with every person you have ever know. This leads to the above comment the next time you see them. After a while you get tired of defending yourself and wonder why you need to defend yourself, but you still feel the need to explain you had only walked 6 steps in a ten mile run. They just look at you-like-yeah, sure. This could prove to be some theory of unlikely probability or something like that. I should apply for a grant from the federal government and do a study!

I spoke with Camille this afternoon to get a report on her trip to Chicago this weekend to be a bridesmaid in a Baylor friend's wedding. I know I am TOTALLY BIASED, but Camille was the prettiest and sweetest bride I have ever seen. Look at this picture-AREN'T THEY GOOD LOOKING! What a blessing to have your favorite daughter married to a Godly man who treats her like a queen! All weddings are beautiful and all brides are lovely-but I will never forget the sweet tenderness of my precious daughter's wedding.
Unfortunately Camille became sick while in Chicago. She did have the good grace to wait until the reception to throw up. I know you have seen those videos where someone in the wedding party throws up in front of the entire church. Camille has a long history of not tolerating ill-health well. My personal motto when feeling under the weather is take two ibuprofen and push through it. Camille prefers the whining and moaning approach. She loves to push those sympathy buttons, because NO ONE has EVER felt as bad as she does. YOU GOTTA LOVE HER!
We walked 5 this AM in the pea soup that some call fog. If I had been in a closet sized room, it would have been called a sauna. Went to lift weights following the walk and that ended the working out for the day. I have spent the remainder of the day in a "Super Fizz". I could be the "Queen of Fizz". I should have know someday I would be a fizzer when I was getting pinched and spanked for squirming when a was a little girl.

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

"mom, i have an ax in my head."
"take 2 ibuprofen and push through it."