IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, September 25, 2007

RUSTY JOINTS

sun damaged skin


In an effort to not be "startlingly white", I use the new creams that have a bronzer in them from time to time. I have been negligent the past couple of weeks of this, since I ran out of my favorite cream, but today I changed that. You have to be very careful putting this stuff on. My sons pointed out on vacation that my application process needed some work. Try as I might, I end up with dark deposits around my joints-knees, ankles, wrists. They then look like "Rusty Joints". VERY CHARMING! Some of the runners still go to the tanning bed and are bronze year-round. After skin cancer and many biopsies, including 3 in June, I try to stay out of the sun and wear sun-screen when out in it. The dermatologist may be building a new wing on her home, financed by my visits, every six months. I am sure the damage has been done, since I had multiple blisters as a child, but I am trying to be "good" now.
Camille has her Waco wedding post up on her web site. It is almost as good as being there! She had a wonderful group of friends in college-just another gift God gave her while at Baylor. Mr. Adam was clean shaved the last time we saw him in June. The MAN CAN GROW SOME FACIAL HAIR! I wish the hair on my head grew as fast and as thick-OH WELL!

I seem to be losing a little weight again. I know it is a direct reflection of all of the increased exercising, but normally I gain weight when training for a marathon. Perhaps I have not hit that plateau when the pounds start adding on. I have increased my carbs in an effort to make up for the increased mileage. When I looked at my calendar for last week, I had run 24 miles, but also walked 26 miles. For those of you that are not mathematically inclined- 50 MILES. A lot of miles on these legs. No wonder my hip hurts!

Sandra and I walked 5 this AM. She had actually already run 5 before we started. IT WAS SO HOT & HUMID! Put this day down in your book, she actually wanted to stop for water. I TOLD YOU IT WAS HOT! I lifted after that. I am trying to have my upper body ready for all of the repetitive motion when swinging my arms while running. We did walk just in time as it has rained since then almost continuously. I think I see the sun peeping through, so maybe we will have a short reprieve.

No comments: