IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, September 26, 2007

FARMER'S MARKET


The beginnings of fall at the Conville Estates in Downtown Vienna.





I ran over to West Monroe (OK-FOR ALL OF YOU LEGALISTS OUT THERE-DROVE TO) and went to the Farmer's Market this morning. WHAT A VARIETY OF PUMPKINS & GOURDS! I had so much fun looking at each and every stack of every conceivable color, size and shape. The fellow on the left in the above picture was my personal guide. He knew each and every name of everything there and told me the story of why they had been named that. I LOVED IT! He was a sweet guy, who seemed to love showing me and telling me all of the stories. This is not something you do when you are in a hurry, but savor each and every moment of the treat! I came home with a back end load of all kinds. I will so enjoy displaying all and telling this tale.

Go, just to look, IT IS SO WORTH THE TRIP!
Sandra, Sonja & I ran our 6 miles this AM and then Mrs. Sandra & I walked another 5. This is the last 6 mile run in the middle of the week. We start the march up next week with a 7 miler. Before it is all over, we will be at a mid-week run of 10. BOY OH BOY-HOT & HUMID!
I am off to greet the kids at church and then home for a quick bite, before Small Group. Looking forward to a lively discussion about Mr. Z!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

There's a farmers market around here! I've been looking for one. I used to go to the one in Lexington all the time! One of the MANY things I miss...

Lora said...

It is in West Monroe just past West Monroe High School.