IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, September 17, 2007

COME MONDAY


I do love Jimmy Buffett and his melodies! Monday did indeed come bright and early. Maybe I should say just early since it is pitch dark when we get out there and run. The daylight is appearing about the time we finish up and before we walk. We went back and ran our oldie but goodie-The Tech Track Route. HARD ROUTE. When I told Sandra that this was a difficult route, she said, "You only have that bad hill at the library." AH CONTRARIE! You have the first long hill-two blocks into the run, then another about a mile into the run, then the library hill, and then a short climb when you make the turn to head back, the long two block climb by the library, and the final steep climb to get back to the track. We need to get that woman checked for depth perception. The way I tell it is a hill is the deepened gasping for breathe. Sandra needs to put into her living will that she wants to donate her lungs-in the awful event- that someone runs over her someday on her multiple mile treks. THEY WOULD MAKE SOMEONE PROUD who has had diminished lung capacity.


Babs was back from Grandmothering last week and worked me hard. If I am off for a week, then I have to walk and drag behind everyone else. NOT BABS! She pushed me every step of the way and then walked the 5 miles after our run without one complaint. WHAT A WOMAN!
Busy week in downtown Vienna-but I am not complaining. HOW DID I EVER HAVE TIME TO WORK????


No comments: