IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, September 29, 2007

SHE'S GOING TO GET MARRIED!




Bride & MOB- Stack of Gifts to Open


Bride & Guests

Cake Table

We had Bethany's Bridal Shower today and it was wonderful. Many great friends attended and she received many lovely gifts. A truly great day! We all had fun being together and giving the party for our dear friend Sonja's daughter. The next step will be the wedding in Lafayette and we are looking forward to that weekend at the end of October. It is always fun and many laughs when we are together socially and today was no exception.

We ran our 14 miler this AM early. All I can say is that it was long and thankfully it is over. Many more miles to cover before we get to that magical 22, which finishes up the training. Mona ran with me most of the way, but the last 4 or 5 miles, I was on my own. I think I will get an ipod to keep me entertained. They are prohibited in the marathon, but I will think about that when I get there. Neither of my two main running partners are running the whole, so I will have to come up with a plan to get me through those miles alone.

We have many of our faster buddies that may well qualify for Boston. That is such a thrill for us all to see anyone in the group do well. I am cheering them on and hoping for a good representation from Ruston come that magical day in Boston.

Tomorrow is the Sabbath. My thoughts are turning to preparing for worship. What a blessing to be allowed the freedom to worship with no fear of interference or condemnation. I AM THANKFUL!

No comments: