IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, August 31, 2007

Ducks Like Rain

Today at 4:55 I looked at the alarm, which was about to go off, and then listened to the rain and thunder . What a wonderful sound! I had almost forgotten what that sounded like. When the room was illuminated a few seconds later with lightening, I took that as a sign from God that I should stay in the bed and skip my run. My buddies Sandra and Susan didn't let a little weather stop them, they just delayed their start a little and ran in the sprinkling rain. Actually when you run in a light rain, it is quite delightful. It acts as an coolant, and except for wet feet, these are some of the best running days. There is a problem on the road with trucks throwing water from the road on you. You end up looking like your car after you have driven on the interstate in the rain. You know a good layer of road film covering your exterior. I will pay for missing 2 runs this week and especially the long run, but I will worry about that next week.

Mr. C & I are off to Austin and a short visit with our 2 grands. Looking forward to seeing the "Little Darlings" and hearing about school which started this week. Brace yourself for postings of pictures of my "perfect" grandchildren upon return.

No comments: