IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, August 3, 2007

Mowing for Jesus










Today was our mowing group's day to mow the church lawn, so I spent the first part of the morning mowing for Jesus. Do you think he was happy with my effort?

I have had a couple of emails encouraging me to continue blogging, so maybe I will. An audience of two is better than none! I am not as entertaining as my Super Blogger Daughter, but will give it an effort.

One of the things I failed to mention on my blog about Canada was the WONDERFUL temperature. We would get up to the 40's, but it would warm up everyday. The HUGE difference was the humidity. I think I would weather fast if I lived up there because it is so dry, but IT IS SO NICE! We got off the plane in Denver and IT WAS HOT, but not that humid. We got off the plane in Dallas and the sauna hit!

Tomorrow marks really getting back to the real world. We run at 6 AM from Chase. I am actually looking forward to it. My legs have had a rest since Monday, so hopefully they will be good to go. I don't expect any miracle of speed, but will push along-WELL IN MY COMFORT ZONE. I will never forget my speedy daughter telling me that I didn't run-I shuffled. OH WELL- My mantra is, "All forward motion counts."

BC's Dad did break his arm, but the good news is that it is a clean break and did not require surgery. He may be a little out of touch with reality. He told Kathy to put a sign on his shop door that he would be out Aug. 1st-14th. I don't think he will be ready to raise that arm in two weeks, but I think he will figure that out. What a man-still working at 86!

We visited with Gabe Wednesday during our flying visit to BR. He looks well and is trying to get a move to Austin going. Moving and looking for a job can be overwhelming, but you just have to jump in headfirst and paddle.

BC & I are planning a trip to Erie to see our #1 Daughter during August. I looked at flights last night and hopefully will get tickets this weekend. MISS THAT LITTLE DARLING! Erie's gain-Texas's loss.

Will try to find time this weekend to download the pictures and send out the site. What a wonderful trip! If you would like for me to continue to blog the runner's exploits-please let me know. I need all of the encouragement I can get!!!!!!