IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, August 26, 2007

YIKES!!!!!



Went to the park this afternoon for a 6 mile walk. We cross a creek that is right by a culvert just before mile 2. I was in the rear and heard something as I jumped the creekbed. When I looked by this REALLY big water mocassin was slithering away back toward the culvert from where we had come. THIS EVEN ALARMED ME! Under normal circumstances, I might not have even said anything, but this was a big snake and they are known for their nasty tempers. Thank you Lord for protecting us! We did finish but looked very carefully every other time we had to cross the creek.

This has been a good Sabbath! Heard our Very High Right Reverend Love this AM. He was preaching to all of those that let STUFF take control of their lives. I had a good time ribbing my hubby and Mrs. Helen about "Their Stuff" after the service. Our honorary nephew, Greg, drove from Jackson to talk with our friend Charles about mission work in Africa. It is wonderful to see God light a fire and a life become dedicated to His work. Greg has special talents and those talents are desperately needed in Africa. We are delighted to see him pursuing this mission.

My sweet and wise daughter told me this weekend that it is so neat how God places special people in our lives. He then uses us to show the Love of God to not only those special ones, but to the ones that are observing our actions. I thank God for any opportunity to reflect His Love. What an awesome responibility and honor to be the reflection of His Infinite Grace!

No comments: