IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, August 7, 2007

HOT

"Hot town, summer in the city,
Back of my neck getting dirty & gritty,
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city

All around people looking half dead
walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a matchhead"

JOE CROCKER at his best!

Now maybe Ruston isn't a city, but this pretty well describes what it feels like outside. The grit we feel is usually dried salt from the profuse sweating. It cakes all over your face and when you lick around your mouth, you actually taste the saltiness. We walked-thankfully-5 miles this AM. Babs & I did run into Sandra & Ivory, you know the BIG GIRLS, and they were walking their 5 after their 5 mile run. CANNOT BEGIN TO KEEP UP WITH THAT! We are running at 5:30 tomorrow AM, trying to beat some of the heat, but that is difficult to do these days. If you wait for Mr. Sun to creep up the horizon-well you have had it! We lost Larry today after yesterday's struggle, he sweats even more than we do and did not take his water yesterday-so he got to enjoy the effects of dehydration all day long.

I finished downloading my hiking pics and I have one thing to say-WHO IS THAT OLD WOMAN????? I keep threatening to get this face and neck majorly tightened up, but don't want any down time, SO-hard to find the right time. Maybe I'll just get some duct tape and pull it all back myself-what color do you think would be best? I don't think they make it in a flesh tone. If I have not sent you the site for the pics, let me know.

God has graciously provided Camille with a job just before her last check from teaching comes in. IS HE GREAT OR WHAT! She got to enjoy time with Adam before he started school and now he gives her this opportunity just as the money was running out. WHAT A GOD! He provides all of our needs-if we only trust Him. We are thrilled for her and can't wait to hear the reports. Did I mention that she will be working at Adam's school? Hopefully he will be able to drive her when the snow starts-not that I don't think that she could handle that.

ONLY ABOUT 7 OR 8 MORE WEEKS OF THIS WONDERFUL WEATHER!

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

i personally vote for purple duct tape. classy, sign of royalty. you know!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

you're it! *if you want to be
check my blog