IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, August 17, 2007

Technical Dummy



I do not like being a computer dummy! Most of the things I have learned about the computer have been self taught, but occasionally I run into something that I just cannot seem to figure out. My friend, Cynthia, has music on her blog-it is really cool. I thought that would be so neat to have music which tied to my latest blog, but I couldn't figure out what to do. I asked Cynthia, and she gave me a short go to here and then just do it. Well I went to that sight, but I have wasted a couple of hours to discover that I don't know what I am doing! I have the music, at least I have finally figured out ITunes, but how to get it here-well that is another story. I probably could call my 7 year old grandson and he could do it without a problem-but computers are definitely a thing for the young.




Started my day with a 5 mile downtown walk. You can see the Tech Clock Tower on several of our routes downtown. Unfortunately, that was not there when I went to school during the dark ages. They probably had a sundial set up somewhere instead. It was hot and humid, but enjoyed the excursion.
Came home and did some yard work. I am in the process of cleaning up beds and trying to save what is left of the plants after the heat and the deer's midnight snacks.
Tomorrow is long run day. It is going to be VERY humid, which makes for a miserable day. I will worry about that when I get up-I don't think there will be a thing I can do about it.

3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

sun dials, nice!

Cynthia said...

Aw, I'm sad that it's still not working and that you spent so much time on it. I'm going to attempt to give you a step-by-step of what I did to get from no music to rockin' blog:)

1. Go to www.projectplaylist.com
2. Click on "My Account"
3. Go to bottom of the page and click on "Click here to create a FREE account!"
4. Enter in the information and click on "Create new account"
5. Click on "My Account" again
6. Click on "Create a new playlist"
7. Add a Title and short description, then hit "Submit"
8. Click on "Click here to view your playlists"
9. Click on your playlist.
10. Click "manage plalist songs"
11. Click "Search for Music"
12. Enter artist name or song title you're looking for and click "Search"
13. When you find the song you're looking for, click on the "+" and it will add that song to a playlist.
14. It will tell you to preview the song to make sure it works. Definitely do it because sometimes they won't play.
15. If it works, click on "It works! Add it to my playlist"...if not, click on the "Doesn't work" and try again.
16. Assuming it works and you add it, check your playlist, then click "add song to selected playlists"
17. It should say SUCCESS! Click "Continue" and it will take you back to the music search engine page. Repeat Steps 12-16.
18. Once you've added all the songs you want, instead of clicking "Continue" on the Success page, click "Go to my playlists"
19. Click on "Add your playlist to your myspace!"
20. Click on "Get the playlist code for MySpace, Facebook, Blogger, hi5 or any other site!"
21. Click on "C."
22. Click on your playlist.
23. It gives you some options of what you want your playlist to do: color, autostart, shuffle...once you've answered those questions, click "get code"
24. Copy the code in the box.
25. Now, go to your blog site
26. Under "Settings" click on "Template"
27. Click on "Add a Page Element"
28. Look for "HLML/Java Script"
29. Click on "Add to Blog"
30. Enter a title, then paste the code you copied for your playlist in the "Content" box
31. Click "Save Changes"
32. It should say that your page element has been added meaning when you view your blog, you have a music player! WOO HOO!

And it only took 32 steps. I have no idea why you couldn't figure all that out from my previous vague instructions:)

Good luck!

Cynthia said...

Oh my goodness! Look at that hot playlist on your blog! Glad my 32 step guide worked:)