IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, August 19, 2007

Light On My Toes

There once was a day that I actually was quite light on my toes. SHOCKING! We were talking about our courting days last night and remembering how much we loved to go dancing and did so really often. My love for dancing began as a pre-teen and continued throughout my young adulthood. Once upon a time, I could cut a mean rug and knew all of the latest moves. BC and I danced our way through our courtship and young married days. I really do not remember what happened to those days-perhaps raising children and becoming responsible adults-slowly ended them. I remember that time as being a lot of fun and the dancing actually being at least a passable grade.

We went to the Boersma's last night and had community pot luck and played "Balderdash". Balderdash would be better named "Bunch of Bull". It entails giving your definition of some really obscure words and guessing who is right. Mr. C in his usual verbose manner would come up with definitions about 25-30 words long. I told him he was using too many words, which he took offense to. The words come 6 or so to a card with the definitions on the back. The card is about 1 1/2 inches by 3 inches. Most of the definitions were short, concise and to the point. You know you had to get them on that little card. He told me this AM, perhaps I was right. DO YOU THINK???

We had a sermon this AM on community and then a panel on small groups. BC was part of the panel and proceeded to tell THE ENTIRE congregation that even "his wife" could get on his nerves occassionally. HE IS IN BIG TROUBLE. I have told all of my friends to warn his next wife that she will be the butt of all of his jokes. The man cannot resist getting a laugh no matter what consequences he pays later. HE MAY BE ON MY LAST NERVE TODAY!

We ran our long run yesterday. When I got up at 5 the temperture was 76 and the humidity was 95%. I am sure I do not have to explain what that meant. Ironwoman, Sandra, ran with her cracked rib. I asked her did it hurt when she moved her arms. She said no, only when she breathed. That was a relief. We finished and that is all I have to say about that!

I wonder if we will all dance and sing when we get to heaven, thus the new song on my blog.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Your husband, using too many words? Never! I bet he came up with some interesting definitions though. And I can't believe he publicly admitted that you get on his nerves! Disgraceful man! One would think after so many blissful years of marriage he would know better! Enjoy your Sabbath!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

oooh dad. he's in trouble