IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, August 6, 2007

New Favorite TV Show

I was flipping channels tonight and came across what may be my new favorite tv show (at least during reruns). There is a show on ABC at 8PM on Mondays called "Fat March". It is another survivor type reality show, but this group is really obese people who are trying to win $100,000 each for walking as a team from Boston to Washington, over 500 miles, in 10 weeks. If you have done any walking or running, you know that the more weight you are carrying, the more difficult the challenge. I found myself cheering them on and fussing at the whiners. Tonight covered the first 8 days and showed their weight loss at the end. In a typical reality format, someone was voted out of the group at the end of the show. The twist is that if they vote someone off or if someone quits, their money is cut by $10,000 per person. Good show!

"Monday, Monday" -do you remember that song? We didn't start our run until 6:45 since we were going to Sharon's class at 8:15. I SUFFERED and did not do very good. Babs & Larry ran the entire way, but I kept having to stop and walk. I think I need to eat and drink more on Sunday before trying this next week. We made the 5 miles-but my part was not pretty. Babs & I then went to Sharon's Body Sculpting Class. She is a good teacher and thankfully the room was not full of coeds. Babs really liked it, but I think I get a better workout in the weight room. Will try is a couple of more times in fairness to make sure.

It is SO HOT & HUMID in LA. Summer has really arrived, but it is August. I am having to drag that hose around and water, but I am thankful for a break during July. Another 2 months of this weather before we begin to cool off a little. NOT FUN, MOTHER NATURE!

No comments: