IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What's With All of These Letters?????

Down a whole degree from yesterday's temperature. Time to get out the coats!!! Camille told me that she was cold this AM when she went out early for her run. Their temperature just about the time that I took this picture was 76 degrees. I will remind her of this when we are enjoying balmy 60 & 70 degree days this winter and she is snowed in up to her eyeballs!

What is our obsession with letters these days? We all seem fixated upon having several of them to identify whom we are. I am a CPA-now I never tell anyone a Certified Public Accountant, just the letters and they automatically know what I did for a profession.

I am currently reading 3 different books, so I suppose I must be ADD. We all know what those letters mean. The dreaded diagnosis for our children and now we have adults that are being diagnosed and treated for this.

I have always know that I was OCD. My exercising can become OCD. The reason I run with all of my ladies is that their OCD makes my craziness look sane. All it takes is just one person to go further over the line than us to make us boast about our rational behavior.

We all seem to need to describe ourselves by putting a long string of letters after our name. What about those individuals that don't have their own name, but are named after someone else, such as Mr. C. BJC,Jr. or my brother NBJ II. Are you not an original then, but merely a continuation of the original owner of the name?

Think about this and come up with your own list of letters to put after your name. I personally had rather get to know you and come up with my own impression. I don't need any letters or numbers to tell me what I can figure out for myself!

We walked a 5 mile route this AM and lifted weights. The funny of the day was when Babs sat down at one of the machines backward. Joe Raymond Peace, former Bulldog Coach, walked over and just stared at her. When she figured out she was on the seat wrong, he said he was just waiting to see if there was a new way to lift that she could show him. We all laughed-we would be dangerous if we knew what the heck we were doing.

No comments: