IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, August 25, 2007

Circling Buzzards?



I looked up this AM when I finished my 10 mile run, but did not see any circling buzzards, so that must be a good thing! It was hot and it was long, but now have my 10 mile base-as slow as it was- to begin marathon training. I did fall about 4 or so miles into the run. There was a round wire piece on the grass, next to the sidewalk, that I did not see and got my feet tangled up in. I was on the ground before I knew it. Didn't think I was hurt, but seem to be finding a few sore places tonight. I am just glad I was not on the sidewalk!


Mrs. Deer came back to see us last night. You will note that she ate the blooms and all of the leaves off of the impatience, but left the lovely stalks. I think with this trip she finally finished all of the impatience. If she comes back, she will have to resort to other flowers or be sadly disappointed. I am already thinking about what I will do next summer. The impatience do so well in my beds that I hate to give them up. Maybe I could put in a motion sensor light. That would be great since this bed is RIGHT by my bed. Can you just imagine me sitting straight up in bed trying to figure out why the light is flooding into our room? I am sorry that it is so dry and the deer are having to look for food, but what is wrong with all of the leaves, grass, etc. that are still living?
Tomorrow is the Sabbath. What a blessing to worship and enjoy the Lord and all of the many blessings that He has bestowed upon us. THANK YOU LORD!

No comments: