IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Name Is Caboose!



Just call me Ms Caboose! No matter how hard I work, I just cannot seem to get out in front of any of the other runners. We ran at 5:30 this AM and was it a sauna! Babs, Sandra, Larry, Sonja, Lisa, & I ran the CTB route for our usual 5 mile Wednesday run. I started out great, but that didn't last long. By the time we got to the mini mart, the others were still chugging along and Babs & I were stopping for water. We might have kept them in closer sight than usual, but they still are way out front. Sandra kicked it into overdrive the last mile or so and went off and left everyone. This is with a cracked rib! We then walked another 3 miles or so and THAT sports fans was PLENTY! Ok-so maybe my gift to the running world is being "The Snail." Somebody has got to bring up the rear after all!

The ground is dry and I am watering everyday in an effort to keep things alive. It is a struggle!

Spoke with Camille and she passed a guy on her early run that has been breaking into cars and stealing CD's. I think it gave her a good scare. She got the Mom lecture about finding someone to run with, but then I got to hear why that would not work. Hopefully she will continue to take Mr. Powers with her when she runs early. I have always had this theory that the NUTS were not out at those early hours, but maybe some just haven't gone home from the night before. Good reason to keep your car locked in Erie. We live a very sheltered life in little old Ruston and that, Friends, is a good thing.

No comments: