IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Daily Newspaper






I LOVE MY DAILY NEWSPAPER! I read both papers that we receive daily and pretty much, at least, scan every article. Some articles only receive the once over, but then others catch my eye and sometimes even intrigue me. Today's daily "Shreveport Times" has an article concerning the sexual activity of today's seniors. What intrigued me about this article was not that a senior might be sexually active, but that someone was actually taking this survey. I am sure our federal government, in all of its infinite wisdom, funded a grant for this survey. Then it became some sociologist job to make up the questions, find the target, and then ask them all of these intimate questions. If some stranger comes to my door, and begins asking these type of questions, you can imagine what my response would be. But there seems to be a group out there, that are ready, willing and able to give great detailed accounts of their sexual exploits from the age of 59 and up. How much is truth and how much is imagined or just plain stretching the truth, we will never know. For now it seems of great importance that all of America know that seniors are seeking intimacy in a physical way. What would your title be if you were an expert in this field? Geriatric Intimacy Counselor- oh yeah, we have to go see our GIC today.
Today's local daily has a For Sale in the classifieds for "FERTILIZED HAY". There were several of these and one said "FERTILIZED WITH CHICKEN LITTER". Now obviously to someone this is a good thing, but I feel SO SORRY for the poor animals that will be eating this "fortified" hay!.


I lifted weights this AM-upper body only-giving these muscular legs a rest. I met a woman while doing abs and stretching that really amazed me. She seemed to be stretching her hips, so I started asking her questions about her stretching. It turns out she is 86-REMARKABLE. She looked great and I would have guessed at least 10 years younger. In retrospect, I believe she had done a little nipping and tucking on her face, but she was slim and trim and more agile than me. THIS IS WHY WE DO THIS, Friends. If we live that long, we want to be just like her. She walks 2 miles everyday on hills, works out with weights, stretches, and has Jeff give her a massage at least once a month. NOW THAT IS MY GOAL!



I sent all of the runners an email concerning the Houston course. We had heard the course was all concrete. After doing Disney on all concrete, I can tell you THIS IS A VERY BAD THING! Turns out it is 1/2 concrete and 1/2 asphalt, which is much better. Mrs Mona emailed me back and asked was she supposed to be excited about running 26 miles-whatever the course was made from?

IT'S ALL RELATIVE - IT'S ALL RELATIVE!

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

86? good grief charlie brown. what a woman!

Moto Mama said...

Concerning the hay: Unfortunately for the farmers, the ag dept has outlawed the round rolls. They stated the cows were not getting a square meal. RRRRR