IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, August 8, 2007

NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY

Enough of Camille's foolishness-now the REAL blog!

I have a new career opportunity that I read about in today's paper for all of you that would like another source of income. Let's call it

Domestic Animal Waste Removal Engineer

How's that for a fancy title! This actually entails scooping dog poop out of people's backyards. YUCK!!!! The guy charges by the animal, the size of the yard, and the number of weekly visits. He uses a long handle dustpan, a rake, and plastic bags. It seems he charges more for smaller dogs since their byproducts are more difficult to find. The late night comedians could have a "field day" with this. I started to go there, but decided to leave that to your imagination.

We ran 5 at 5:30 this AM trying to beat the heat-TO NO AVAIL! It was 78 deg and probably 78% humidity. I am beginning to get my LA legs back. Only walked one short block and had to stop a moment on the interstate bridge while deciding if I need to throw up over the side of it. We make a couple of water stops, but when sweat is pouring off of you like the waterfalls we saw in Canada-well you can't drink fast enough. I am not complaining-I am blessed to have the physical ability to endure this and actually finish. We walked about a mile afterward trying to recoup-the big girls, Sandra & Ivory went for a brisk 5 mile walk afterward. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING????

The story that beats them all is that Susan was running yesterday after work. PEOPLE IT IS BEYOND HOT at that time of the day! Of course this is Wonder Woman that also competed in and finished River Cities Tri, Sunday. WHAT A WOMAN!

OK-if anyone would like a blogging lesson, please let me know. Sometimes I feel like I am talking to myself!

4 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

if you do throw up over I-20, please spray paint on the side of the bridge: 'lora threw up here.'

prettyrunner said...

Hey I love reading your blogs. They are so interesting.I also enjoyed running with you all this morning. I miss seeing you. I love the 8 rules for the tag. I thought the one about BC was so sweet. I am waiting for the day the Lord blesses me with a best friend and mate like you have in BC.

Moto Mama said...

I'm scared to ride my moto on the interstate even more now! I've always heard if you throw up (or look at your shoes--throw down) you can't kiss for 6 months. Don't do it.

Keep blogging!

old mama said...

Hey you are up and down before I get up in the am. Love reading your blog. Keeps me in the world. I keep looking for the throw up on the interstate bridge and you name posted. Which bridge was it? Have a good run in the am. God's blessings.